Tuesday 20 January 2015

Honey Trap Lip Balm


I've never really suffered with dry lips unless I've been seriously run down but lately I find myself waking up with dry lips multiple times a week.  Vaseline doesn't seem to be cutting it and neither do my Maybelline lip balms so I decided to splurge on something that a lot of people rate highly - Lush's Honey Trap lip balm.

When I say splurge, I mean I spent £5.75 on this tiny pot of product which to some, is probably nothing at all but I think that's quite pricey for a lip balm!  I do love the packaging. It's simple and compact and makes me feel as though I've got a product that's homemade although the lid was a bit tight to get off at first but after a few uses, it's fine.

I'd liken the product itself to butter as it's just so smooth! If you've been out in the cold, the lip balm will harden and you'll have to rub your finger over it a couple of times to warm it up but it's a dream if it's been kept at room temperature.  I love the way Honey Trap sits on my lips, it's not greasy and it sinks in straight away. It instantly gets rid of any dryness and keeps my pout hydrated for most of the day.

I still can't decide whether I like the scent or not! You can smell the honey quite a lot and a slight hint of vanilla but I just can't make out the white chocolate. I've asked a few people to have a sniff and one said it smelt like paint and another said it smelt like polish - haha! It's not an unpleasant scent but it's overwhelming at first.

Overall, I'd say Honey Trap is well worth the £5.75 I paid for it. I'm hoping it'll last me a while as I've been applying this multiple times a day for a week or so now and it doesn't seem to have gone down at all.

Have you tried a Lush lip balm before?

12 comments:

  1. With all this cold weather we are currently having, my lips have been so sore! Can't wait to pick this up to try!

    Emily x // EmGrace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll sort sore lips out from the first use! It's soooo good! xx

      Delete
  2. This is such a nice lip balm and it will last you ages so it's well worth the money :)
    Megan x
    London Callings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty pictures and while I'm sure it does work great, I'm with you on that price...a little high! But I guess if it works and you need it, it would be worth it!

    Shannon
    Clothes & Quotes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it'd be good to find a cheaper alternative but at the moment, I can't find one that beats it. xx

      Delete
  4. Since I’ve seen this on the Lush website I’m really intrigued by this balm, and completely agree it is a little pricey for what it is but it sounds absolutely gorgeous

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really good product but the scent is something I'm STILL trying to get used to! You may love it though. xx

      Delete
  5. I find it so hard to find a lip balm which actually does moisturise my lips and doesn't just sit on them! The only one I have ever found is only available in france :( Will defo check this out next time i'm in store! x

    Maydoll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yes, try it and let me know if it works for you! xx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. You can also email me - glitterandcarousels@yahoo.co.uk. Don't be shy!