Saturday 17 January 2015

10 things all beauty bloggers can relate to

I've been seeing list posts floating about the internet for AGES now and they always either bring back nostalgic memories, make me giggle or make me want to watch a certain tv series over and over again. I thought it'd be fun to create my own list that most beauty bloggers and also just girls in general can relate to.

1. Having to drag yourself out of bed on a Sunday to take blog photos because if you don't, you're going to miss the natural daylight and nobody wants a yellow toned photograph.



2. The expensive lipstick you've wanted for months finally arrives in the post but you can't even use it until you've taken 50493 photos of it. Oh life.


3. Planning your make-up before your outfit and then panicking at the last minute because your make-up looks AMAZING but you have erm, nothing to wear.



4. When you lay off the fancy eye make-up for one day and everyone asks you if you're feeling ok. Just tell me I look like shit.



5. When your fave blogger raves about a product so much that you just HAVE to buy it only to go on the website and it's totally out of stock.



6. The sighs, huffs, puffs and dirty looks from your boyfriend as he follows you around in Boots watching you swatch all the newly released make-up. A girl has needs, y'know?!



7. Being so proud of your freshly painted nails then waking up in the morning with your duvet imprinted into them. Oh thanks.



8. That happy dance/shriek you let out when one of your favourite brands emails you asking if YOU want to work with them! Let me just pinch myself...


9. Seeing a blogger/youtuber releasing their own product and you just want to tell everyone you know that someone you know has got a new range of brushes/lipgloss/perfume/book out. Except you don't know them. Well maybe, sort of?



10.  That sinking feeling when you 'accidentally' swatch your new palette before taking photos. OMG NOBODY IS GOING TO READ MY POST NOW! I'VE RUINED IT!


45 comments:

  1. I can relate to literally all of these...is that bad? Haha! xxx

    Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely 1, 2 & 7!

    http://chellesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. this made me laugh so much - the That's so Raven gif in particular :')
    Totally with you on the Sunday morning thing...and the new lipstick dilemma! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad it made you giggle! I love the That's so Raven gif too, I really miss that show! xx

      Delete
  4. Number 4 happens to me all the time~ ^ ^
    I always get asked 'Are you sleepy?' and 'Are you feeling okay?' ^ - ^

    www,thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The amount of times I've had people say that to me is ridiculoussssss! xx

      Delete
  5. Haha I love this post, and can relate to pretty much all of these hehe! Number 7 is always the story of my life when it comes to painting my nails haha

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Charlee! It happens to me every single time! No matter how good my topcoat is. xx

      Delete
  6. I love this post! Can definitely relate to a few too many of these!

    Bethan Likes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post. Brilliant, actually made me laugh out loud ^__^
    Gill x http://eyelinerflicks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahahaha, your posts are amazing! Could relate to each of these

    Stefanie | Casualllyawkward | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of these I have definitely experienced - especially number three!
    Megan x
    London Callings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, makeup is the most important part ;) xx

      Delete
  10. these are brilliant! My boyfriend hates being dragged around Boots while I look at all the things I don't need!

    Jenn |

    Photo-Jenn-ic

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is awful! He constantly nags me then ends up playing with the makeup himself! haha xx

      Delete
  11. haha I love this!

    www.bellaraeblabber.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOOOL I love this! So funny and very relatable X

    THEFASHION-JUNKIE

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is amazing!!! Hahahaha! I definitely think we can all relate to this. xo

    www.seekmyscribbles.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Number 7 happens to me ALL THE TIME I hate it!!' I love this post though, can relate to it!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahaha hilarious post, thanks for sharing lovely! <3

    I have a new outfit post up on the blog, would love to know your thoughts;

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are so great - relate to them way more than I'd like haha Duvet prints on the nails are the bane of my life! xx

    Love and Marmalade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duvet printed nails literally happens to me EVERY time I paint my nails in bed! Aaaah! xx

      Delete
  17. Haha these are so understandable! I'm not so much of a beauty blogger, but I do enjoy makeup and totally get this. Love the reaction gifs, this is just awesome. Love your blog! <3

    http://thoughtsintiffanyblue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne! I love putting posts together with GIFS! Makes it so much more fun. xx

      Delete
  18. Hahaha these are so true. My boyfriend literally hates being dragged around Boots and town! I'm really bad at waiting to use something until I've photographed them though, girl's gotta wear her new stuff!

    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My boyfriend is a nightmare for it! Me too, I always have a sneaky swatch and then regret it when I go to take my photos! Haha xx

      Delete
  19. These are hilarious, I'm almost in tears!

    Hannah Rose

    ReplyDelete
  20. Haha! No. 6 made me laugh! That literally was me and my bf in Boots yesterday!

    http://stylewithgracie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  21. haha! so funny! x
    www.sparklethiscity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. You can also email me - glitterandcarousels@yahoo.co.uk. Don't be shy!