Sunday 18 January 2015

A Makeup Revolution Haul


HI! If you've not heard of Makeup Revolution then WHERE'VE YOU BEEN?! Makeup Revolution are dominating social networks by storm. I honestly don't go a day without seeing a blog post about the brand and I think this is partly to do with their ever growing product range. There are new releases ALL the time which is fab for us gals but not so fab for our poor bank accounts. 

Anyway, let me show you what I bought! I haven't included any swatches as I plan on reviewing most of the items sseparately over the next month or so.  



I have a bit of a thing for bronzers especially matte ones. Partly because they make me look alive and partly because deep down I want to be a contouring Queen. I'm interested to see how this one fairs but I won't be too gutted if it's not great as it cost me a tiny £2. Something that scares me but intrigues me is the Ultra Aqua Brow Tint. I picked the shade 'fair' as I have blonde hair and even blonder, barely there eyebrows. It's a liquid which just...doesn't seem right?! I don't know but I'm excited by it and can't wait to give it a whirl!  I also got a concealer. I don't normally wear concealer so I'm not sure why I bought it...bit awks really.


I can't stop buying nail polishes so I had to pop a few of the Nail Geek polishes into my basket as they're only £1.49. I didn't google any of these for swatches before ordering which I slightly wish I did. The mint green doesn't look as vibrant as I'd hoped but I'll still wear it anyway. That's what you get for not researching eh?!


I wrote a post on Lip Geek's Ken Will Want Me which you can read here if you fancy. I honestly love that lipstick so I knew I was going to order a few more but when I got on to the website, the whole range was (and still is) reduced to £1.99!!! (3 exclamations to show how happy I was). Soooo I picked up four more in shades from left to right; Love the Confidence, Colour Overdose, Cherry Bomb and Happy Girl. 
 

In Summer I used to go mental with highlighter which I blame entirely on Serena from Gossip Girl. Who doesn't want glowing skin like hers, god! Lately the highlighting obsession has turned into an all year round kinda thing and I am constantly looking for new ones to add to my collection.  This palette set me back £8 which is amaze for 3 highlighters. I'm particularly loving the look of the bronze-y highlighter.  It better be good.


Obviously not content enough with my four lipsticks I purchased, I decided to throw some more into the mix. I've wanted to try the Super Wow high gloss lip colour stick for a while so I'm chuffed with that. The Liphug lipstick is new so I needed it 'for the blog' didn't I? Apparently these have incredible staying power, eeek! Finally, I had to have the ultra velour lip cream in the most gorgeous purple shade 'Not one for playing games' because it's just beautiful! 

Hope you liked seeing/reading about my new bargain beauty buys! You can browse the Makeup Revolution products yourselves by heading over to their website.  What's your all time favourite Makeup Revolution product?

11 comments:

  1. Such a great haul and I know I have to try this brand especially all the lipsticks.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete
  2. The highlighter palette looks great, think i will have to get that! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually really nice once it's on but not quite as pigmented as I'd hoped! xx

      Delete
  3. Not a big fan of MR but there are some gems :) Hopefully the lipsticks will be great on the long run!
    passingfancyy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love their Naked palette dupes and defo need to try some more of their stuff. I am especailly loving the look of their lip hugs. Chloe xxx
    http://www.chloe-meandme.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their naked palette dupes are amazing! I use my Makeup Revolution palette more than my actual Urban Decay one funnily enough! xxx

      Delete
  5. I feel so bad for never trying Makeup Revolution before, despite hearing so many rave reviews. I love the radiant highlighter set, it looks gorgeous and a complete steal for £8 :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOOH Charlee! You need to try them! You won't be able to stop buying them afterwards! xx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. You can also email me - glitterandcarousels@yahoo.co.uk. Don't be shy!