Sunday 22 June 2014

A reflection of my week #2


Every now and again I like to have a little bargain hunt in Poundland. I couldn't believe it when I came across a stand of american sweets! They're usually £3/4 everywhere else. I picked up the Jolly Rancher gummies and peanut butter M&M's.  I wasn't too blown away by the gummies but the m&m's were delicious!

I also bought this book 'The Land of Decoration'. The reviews online say it's quite good so I can't wait to get stuck in once I've finished my current book.


On Monday I went to Cambridge which I posted about here.  I was also off work on Wednesday so my boyfriend and I decided to go and watch 22 Jump Street.  I'm not sure how I feel about the film really.  It was good but not hilariously funny like I expected it to be. I definitely preferred 21 Jump Street.


Whittard's banoffee hot chocolate is my new favourite drink although I think it's slightly more suited for the Winter.  It's like a party in your mouth! If you like sickly, sweet, creamy, chocolate-y things then this is one that's definitely for you.

I'm not the best at being organised especially when it comes to blogging but I'm really trying to change that.  I've had some really good ideas for posts so I want to write them all down somewhere in case I forget them so I thought this pad was ideal. I promise I didn't just buy it for the aesthetically pleasing pink pages. 


If you're like me and end up throwing half a strawberry away trying to take off all the leafy bits then your problems are now over. I was watching Islay's video where she baked a strawberry and cream cake when I noticed her strawberry prepping technique! She basically just took a straw and pushed it through the centre of the strawberry removing all the unwanted leafy parts (i don't know the technical name).  I tried it and you end up saving so much of your strawberry! Thanks for the tip Islay!

Hope you've all had a great weekend. I can't believe it's Monday tomorrow already. BOO.

Grace x




15 comments:

  1. I love wittard hot chocolates- banoffe sounds sooo nice, I haven't tried that one! x

    Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love strawberries too! x

    ratchetlia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whittards hot chocolate is literally my favourite thing ever, I'm looking forward to winter again just so I can drink them again! I haven't tried this flavour though, but it sounds delicious.
    Sammy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hot choc is definitely better in winter! I really wanted to make one tonight but its just toooo hot. xx

      Delete
  4. banoffee hot chocolate sounds gooood!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Peanut M&M's are such a bargain!! I am obsessed with them xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That'd a good tip! I had a nosey at the American sweets in Poundland yesterday, ended up choosing Reese's Pieces- definitely not the healthiest but they they seem to have all gone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to get them but I decided against it in the end! There's always a next time though haha xx

      Delete
  7. Such a nice post dear!xx
    Would you mind checking my blog out,and following if you like it?
    That would mean so much to me!
    Keep in touch ,love xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab post, I loved 21 Jump Street but I have not seen 22 Jump Street yet. Those peanut butter M&M's sound amazing! I love your blog and I have started following you with Bloglovin and GFC. If you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!

    Camille xo.

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaah thanks for your lovely comment Camille! you definitely need to try the m&m's :) I will pop over to your blog right now! xx

      Delete
  9. Really like this post,it’s very beautiful and lovely.
    You have an amazing blog!
    would you mind checking out my blog,and following if you like?
    Keep in touch xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. You can also email me - glitterandcarousels@yahoo.co.uk. Don't be shy!