Monday 19 January 2015

Crazy things I did as a child

Me hating getting cuddled, me hating getting my photo taken with a moustache that my brother had kindly drawn on the photo and me hating Santa.

After reading Corinne's post on her Irrational Childhood fears (click here to read it, it's hilarious), it got me thinking about crazy things I thought and did as a child.  You're all going to think I'm mental as I honestly have no explanation for any of these things!

1. I believed I was a super hero.  You know when you squint at street lights and the lights sort of, get bigger? I really don't know how to explain it but basically I thought that was my super power. I didn't tell anyone for so long as I wanted to keep it to myself in case they were removed. Looking back, why on earth would that be my super power?! The mind boggles.

2. I had an imaginary friend and I can still remember what she looked like. I used to blame everything I did that was naughty on this imaginary friend but then one day, when my sister was born, she moved house and I never saw her again.

3.  I was once at my Grandad's house with my Aunty and Uncle and we were ordering pizza. I saw there was a £20 note on the coffee table and took the opportunity to screw this £20 note into a tiny little ball and throw it into a little cupboard under the stairs.  I watched Mr Bean patiently whilst my family argued and turned the place upside down looking for the £20 note.  I only told my family about this two years ago, my Grandad was a bit mad at first but then laughed it off! WHY ON EARTH DID I DO THAT?!

4. I used to think Jordan's cereal was by Katie Price and begged my Mum for it all the time.

5. The clearest thing I ever said as a three year old child was "f**k off, old lady".  Apparently I shouted it out of a car window. My Mum said she's never been so embarrassed in her entire life.

6. My Mum had an important meeting that she had to go to after work one day so I had to go and play at my friend James' house after school but I really didn't want to! When James' mum came to pick us up, I told my teacher I didn't want to go and refused to move from the classroom until my Mum picked me up. I cried and cried and cried and eventually, my Mum picked me up!

7. My three year old sister and I were jumping on my Mum's double bed but she kept jumping into my space so I pushed her over so hard that her head bashed against the radiator.  She had a massive lump on her head and kept falling asleep so she had to be taken to hospital. I told my Mum that she just fell on her own and she still doesn't know I pushed her to this day (Sorry mum, secrets out).

8. I was obsessed with homeless people. I begged my grandad for us to pick them up and take them home. He said no but he gave me money to give them every time we saw them. I was also obsessed with midgets but I called them 'miniatures'.  No idea why.

9. I used to write scripts for plays and then record them on our flash camcorder with my Uncle. We took it very seriously and I genuinely believed I was an actress.  My Uncle also made this video where he'd taken still shots of teddies and it looked as though they were moving. It freaked me out so much and I made sure I was nice to all of my teddies for the entirety of my childhood just in case they came alive at night and hurt me.

10.  I loved hymns so much so that I asked for a hymn book for Christmas. I had a whale of a time singing to my family and I actually still have the book today!

So now you know how much of a freak I am, what weird things did you do as a child?!

15 comments:

  1. This was fun reading. Number 5 made me chuckle lol X

    THEFASHION-JUNKIE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! I can't believe I said that! haha. xx

      Delete
  2. This is such a fun & personal post! Made me laugh. Apparently I was at a christening once when I was small, and in the middle of the service I turned to my Dad and loudly said 'Oh dear Daddy, that man just said Jesus Christ!' meaning that I only knew those words as a 'swear word' because my Dad says it all the time! Ha!
    Sarah-Jane xo // www.vmgirl.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hahaha, oh my goodness, that's hilarious but also incredibly cute at the same time! xx

      Grace | Glitter and Carousels

      Delete
  3. OMG number 5 made me giggle! This is so funny :D xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was honestly such an odd child! Glad it made you laugh :) xx

      Delete
  4. Number 5 made me laugh, your mum must have been mortified!
    Megan x
    London Callings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She still is! She said she'll never be able to forget it. Haha! xx

      Delete
  5. Haha, the Jordans cereal one actually made me snort out loud!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was so funny! Number 3 had me in stitches! xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are hilarious! A fab post :)

    Sian | Siân Marie Beauty
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. You can also email me - glitterandcarousels@yahoo.co.uk. Don't be shy!