Sunday 15 June 2014

Magazine Freebies


 It's rare that I actually pick up a magazine these days as I much prefer to read blogs but as soon as I see the word 'free', I'm there quicker than you can say...well...FREE!  One month a magazine can have no freebies then another month all magazines are trying to entice us in with a generous little treat.

The first mag I picked up was Glamour.  Years ago now, I purchased a £30 eyeko voucher off Groupon for around about £10 I think and was really impressed with the items I purchased.  This was back when eyeko had the cutesy pink packaging and I fell in love with the felt tip eyeliner.  No eyeliner I have ever tried has compared to that.  Obviously I was delighted when I saw they were offering this skinny liquid eyeliner but honestly, I am so disappointed.  The eyeliner I received is dried out so I can't apply it without it having to trace over the line a million times resulting in it going all streaky.  I think a few people have had this problem but everybody else seems to have been ok so it's a bit of a gamble whether you pick it up or not! Despite the eyeliner farce, I do love Glamour magazine so will enjoy reading it.  Not a whole £2 wasted after all! 

Marie Claire isn't a magazine that I'd buy if it didn't come with a free product.  I guess I haven't really given Marie Claire a chance so it'll be nice to read this magazine to get a feel of what they're all about.  I love everything about Ciate polishes - the product names, the bottles, the shades, the way the caviar beads are messy and go all over my bedroom floor.  This cute mini duo is made up of the caviar beads in 'Ice Queen' and 'Sugar Plum' - see what I mean about the names? I can't wait to give these a try! It's an absolute steal at £2.50 so I might go and hunt for some more shades as there's 6 duo's to collect.

Have you picked up these magazines this month? 

Grace x




29 comments:

  1. I love getting freebies as well, especially when they're mini benefit samples!

    Istylethereforeiiwear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! The benefit freebies are the best ever! xx

      Delete
  2. Such a shame about the Eyeko liner, Glamour freebies are usually really good. Maybe you just got a badly packaged one, you should email them and you may get a refund! x

    Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh thank you, i will give that a try actually! xx

      Delete
  3. I picked up glamour to get the free eyeliner. I had to go to 3 shops to find the black version and although I can't apply liquid eyeliner to save my life, mine doesn't seem dried out. Shame about yours.
    Next month Glamour have free Clinique. ALL OVER THAT! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm sure you're not bad at applying eyeliner! oh my god, clinique! I will definitely be getting a few copies then haha xx

      Delete
  4. Magazine freebies are the best, love the look of that liner:) x

    www.thebeautymist.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love magazine freebies too! I picked up glamour this month; sorry to hear you didn’t get along with the eyeliner. I haven’t tried it yet, shame the thicker eyeliner wasn’t a freebie, oh well. I actually like Marie Claire, theres some nice fashion sometimes :-) Xx

    Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaah yeah the thicker one would have been better if it wasn't dried out either haha. i'm going to have a read with my lunch :) xx

      Delete
  6. What a shame about the eyeliner! Tatler have free sunglasses at the moment as well, and they're actually quite nice..!

    Beccy ~ Bluebell & Bumpkin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh i've never heard of Tatler! I'll keep a look out. Thanks for the heads up :) xx

      Delete
  7. How will these be out? For entire July? I'm going to London in July, hopefully I can snap some of these magazines :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've just recently discovered your blog & I have been enjoying reading your posts,especially this one :)

    Natasha Paris
    http://natashaparisblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just bought Glamour and toyed with the idea of Marie Claire but decided to go with InStyle and the free REN cleanser instead! So many excellent magazine freebies this month!

    Katrina | thechatterfox.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the ciate nail polish, gorgeous duo! xx

    Hannah xo | hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am going to get them now. I love free stuff lol :)

    Lets keep in touch and follow each other on bloglovin! I always follow back!

    Love from Canada,
    Marie from www.ElleCharie.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've just got the glamour mag with eyeko and love it but I need the ciate polishes! Xx
    Lauraslittleloves

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those mini ciate polishes are super cute!

    xprincessjas | xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh no! It's so rubbish your eyeliner was dried out. Maybe let the magazine know? I got it this week and absolutely love it (must get round to blogging it!)

    Lauren from Lauren Loves Blog xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I buy Glamour every month and was so excited about the free Eyeko eyeliner - I went for the navy one as I already have black eyeliners and wanted to try something a little different, it looks amazing! It's such a shame that yours was dried out, maybe the lid wasn't on properly or something. I saw that next month they're giving away Clinique products - all over that. I used to love their Benefit free gifts, I still use some of them now - amazing freebies!

    Meg | meg-says.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's sucky about the eyeliner! Sounds like it would have been a great freebie otherwise :/
    Eleanor -
    https://elesaurusrawr.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. ooooh the nail polishes look like such a great 'freebie'!

    laurathroughthelens

    ReplyDelete
  18. My housemate got the glamor one with the eyeliner and today I was looking at the nail varnish one! I got that varnish last year in a different colour and it is still sealed waiting for review, haha!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wonder Eyeko very much ^.^ I can't find these in my country, I missed them..

    Crocus xo

    www.crocusinsun.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. These magazines seem like a fun read! Love the nail varnish too x

    L&L - http://sisterblend.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aargh, I love a good freebie! I might go and pick up Glamour later as I've never tried Eyeko before! I have more Ciate nail polishes and caviar beads than you can shake a stick at so I'll probably give that one a miss ... or sneak it home when Nathan's not around ;)

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooh it was such a good month for freebies, wasn't it?! I want the Eyeko liner so much xx

    Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. You can also email me - glitterandcarousels@yahoo.co.uk. Don't be shy!