Sunday 11 January 2015

Hassle Free Glitter Nails?! An Elegant Touch Candy Dip Review


A month or so ago, I spotted the Elegant Touch Candy Dip Nail Kit in Superdrug and thought the idea of hassle free glitter nails sounded right up my street!

There's a selection of colours to choose from - Blueberry Crumble, Lemon Sherbet, Peppermint and my choice, Bubblegum. I decided to go for the tackiest, girliest colour of the bunch because I'm just like that and love anything that's pink and sparkly!



The Candy Dip Kit includes three pots of reasonably sized glitter and a single sheet of double sided adhesive stickers.  The idea is to select a sticker that best suits the size of your nail, stick it on and dip it in the glitter pot for glittery, hassle free nails. Sounds simple right?!

So my first qualm with this product is the size of the stickers - I just couldn't find one that fit any of my nails properly. The instructions advise to file the sticker down once you've stuck it on your nail but this is incredible difficult as it's so hard to file them evenly!

Once the sticker was all filed and looked as though it covered my nail, I dipped my finger in the glitter.  I obviously knew there'd be a bit of a mess but the glitter literally went EVERYWHERE. Nevertheless, I persevered in the hope that my nails would look pretty cool at the end of it but as I was just about to dip my thumb in the glitter, I noticed the stickers started peeling and that was just the last straw for me.


This photo embarrasses me! I can't actually believe how bad they look! You can see ripples in the stickers where they've started to edge away from my nails. I suppose the only positive I can take from this is that I'm left with 3 pots of pretty glitter for future nail art tries.  I would suggest you avoid this product at all costs even though I do think the idea is really clever. I just knew it was too good to be true.

The Elegant Touch Candy Dip retails at £4.49 and you can purchase it here from Superdrug if you're curious!

16 comments:

  1. Ahh thats a shame, I like the idea of it but glitter gets everyone and you find it on you for weeks afterwards!! lol

    Jen xx
    www.kitsch-n-sync.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha definitely! I ended up with glitter all over my face and jumper! oops! xx

      Delete
  2. The packaging looks cute, too much mess for my liking haha!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely waaaay too much mess! The packaging is so so cute! xx

      Delete
  3. Wish there was a better way for glittery nails without all that hassle, thanks for sharing tho'

    zaras-bowsandpearls.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course! I'll check out your blog now. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the honest review! It does sound like a good idea but if it's hard to do and messy, then I'll probably just avoid this one. I'm sure you can find some other use for the glitter :)

    Emma xx

    www.alittlefreckle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely! May even use the glitter for Christmas cards next year! Haha xx

      Delete
  6. Think I once had a similar kit from Nails Inc...and it was a total disaster!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a good idea! Just wish they worked! :( xx

      Delete
  7. To be bad it didn't work out and I understand your pain as I had glittery gold nails on New Years and it got everywhere and I still have glitter on me and my room all this time later. The colors are pretty though and you can just use a top coat next time so it doesn't go to waste.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, thats a shame! The idea is great and really easy to do!

    Oh dear, your blog is quite amazing! So beautiful and interesting!
    I would really appreciated, if we could follow each other on BL and GFC!
    looking forward to welcome you :)
    xoxo Colli // my blog - tobeyoutiful

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. You can also email me - glitterandcarousels@yahoo.co.uk. Don't be shy!