Monday 23 June 2014

Monday Mani #3: Barry M 'Sugar Apple' and 'Treasure Chest'


Please do excuse the untidiness of my nails! I clearly painted them in the dark last night. I can't actually remember how long ago I bought 'Sugar Apple' but I know that this is the first time I've used it. I hear that it's a dupe for Essie's 'Mint Candy Apple' which sadly, I can't personally vouch for as I've never purchased it for some unknown reason.  I'd say it's a dead cert going by the swatches and blog posts I've seen though. 

You just can't fault the application of the Barry M gel polishes, they're by far my favourite to apply. The brush gathers enough polish to cover two nails with just one dip which is a god send for when you're in a hurry (I clearly was when applying if the photo is anything to go by!). I've actually had people ask me if I've got gels nails whilst i've been wearing the polish too which is just insane considering it costs a tiny £4! The only thing I would say is that I needed three coats to cover the nail but I put that down to the pastel green shade as I get away with two coats with my other gel polishes. 

'Treasure Chest' is the pastel-y, semi neon-y nail polish's partner in crime and I for one think they make a great little duo!  I gushed about 'Treasure Chest' here so I won't bore you too much with what I think but I do think I'll buy this polish over and over again, I love it that much.

What's your all time favourite brand of nail polish? 



16 comments:

  1. this is such a lovely combination! perfect for summer too:))x

    http://atypicalenglishrose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sugar apple colour is gorgeous, such a lovely combination xx

    Lauraslittleloves

    ReplyDelete
  3. the bronze glitter polish looks gorgeous! x
    www.article21.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty combination!
    xxx

    www.maisymeow.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I love the Barry M gel polishes and Sugar Apple looks like such a beautiful colour. I definitely need to pop this on my Boots list! xo

    Megan Jane // Seek My Scribbles UK Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks very pretty! http://missclodipassioniecontorni.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg these colours are gorgeous!! I love the light blue. They compliment each other so well.

    The Sunday Chapter
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous shades, i love Barry M polishes!
    xprincessjas | xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow they look so beautiful together - I love that blue! xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really cute nails! Love the color combination. xx Tara
    tarasauroh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! I've been really into this color combo lately so I love this post (:

    A Thing of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect combo :)

    www.bitches-love-candy.blogspot.ch

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. You can also email me - glitterandcarousels@yahoo.co.uk. Don't be shy!