Tuesday 24 June 2014

Makeup Revolution Vivid Blush Lacquer in 'Rush'


I've never been very good with blushes and I can't quite put my finger on why. I'm not sure whether it's because they don't suit my skintone, I've just been buying the wrong shades in blush all together or perhaps I've just been applying them a little too heavy handedly.  This, of course, doesn't stop me buying an awful amount of them in desperate attempts to make blush work for me.

The thought of a liquid blush terrified me at first but when the Make up Revolution blush lacquer was mentioned to me on Twitter, I thought it wouldn't hurt to give it a bash plus it was an absolute steal at £3!

The packaging really reminds me of the GOSH primer because of the see through tube and the matte black lid. I don't think there's anything you can really grumble at with regards to the packaging. It's sturdy, sleek and small enough to pop in your makeup bag.

When first swatching the product I made the mistake of applying a bit too much. Trust me when I say, a little really does go a long way! Just look at the photo above where I've swatched the product on my hand. Being a bronzer lovin' gal since the age of about 15, I honestly thought I was going to hate the shade but I've fallen head over heels for the pink blush.  I was worried about the application as I thought it'd look as bright and out there as it does on my hand but it blends evenly into the skin as long as you work quickly with the product.

Something that really surprised me was the lasting power.  My usual cheek products tend to wear off around lunch time but this genuinely lasted until 5pm and probably beyond (I didn't bother looking in the mirror after then). I've been wearing it most days since I bought it so I really should invest in more of the liquid blushes - there's another 5 in the collection!

If you fancy picking one (or six) up for yourself then you can do so here

Have you tried the blush lacquers? If so, what do you think of them?

Grace x

8 comments:

  1. I was so tempted to pick up one of the blush lacquers, but I ended up choosing one of the baked blushers instead! This looks and sounds so lovely though. I'll definitely pick one up next time I make a Makeup Revolution order. xo

    Megan Jane // Seek My Scribbles UK Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously pretty! Interesting to hear it has good lasting power, that's something I really struggle with on my really oily skin especially in cream based products

    www.walking-in-heels.blogspot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks lovely on you! Make up revolution has great products!

    Ellabellablog

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks lovely, I struggle with blushes too as I am so pale. But this is perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have three of these and absolutely love them :) I can't believe how pigmented they are - definitely applied too much at first! x

    JordanAlice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post,love!
    Love your blog so much.
    Would you mind checking out mine and following if you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The color looks soo girly! *.*

    www.bitches-love-candy.blogspot.ch

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pink blush looks amazing on you! ooo and i must add you have an amazing blog! <3

    Home

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. You can also email me - glitterandcarousels@yahoo.co.uk. Don't be shy!