Sunday 8 December 2013

Clothes Show Live 2013 Haul


Yesterday I attended the Clothes Show live in Birmingham at the NEC for the 4th time.  It's actually Clothes Shows 25th Anniversary, to think it has been running for my entire life and one more year is crazy!

The show itself was incredible, it was themed 'A weekend in the Countryside'.  I took loads of photos during the show but they've all came out blurry and as I was far away, I was having to zoom in so the quality was pretty horrendous! If you haven't been to the Clothes Show before then I'd definitely recommend it.  It is £30 for a ticket but I think it's worth that just for the show let alone the amazing bargains you bag yourself!

So, on to the bit I'm always most excited about, WHAT I BOUGHT!

I won a bottle of Lauren's Way in a competition last year and I really liked it.  I picked up a dark and a medium tan for £30. It wasn't really a huge saving as they're £16.95 individually but at least I saved on postage and got to pick what I wanted rather than taking a guess online!


My Mum initially picked up the glitter Sleep-in Rollers set but we were walking past the stall for a second time when the lady was shouting out that she only had 6 of these sets left! Me and my sister were instantly drawn in and ended up with a Mega Bounce Gift Set each.  This was only £10, I couldn't believe my ears! It also has a hairdryer hood included so I can't wait to try that out.  I'll probably do a separate blog post on these.


I completely dismissed this nifty little hair removal set from Melody-Claire but the lady on the stall managed to grab my Mum's attention.  She tried the pad on my mums arm and it completely removed her hair! It was amazing and we all ended up getting one.  They were £20 each and buy one get one free so my Mum and I went halves. I am so excited to try this. 


The ciaté stand had an offer where you got a lucky dip for £10 that would be worth £70. I am so pleased with mine! I've been wanting to try the velvet manicure for a while and the neon manicure will come in so handy for Summer.  I also got six of the minis and I really do love all of the shades. 


I am a huge fan of Bomb Cosmetics as it is so of course I had to pick up something from their stand! The bath bombs and soaps were all £2 each or 3 for £5 and the candles and body products were £7 each or 2 for £10.  If you spent £20 you also got a free gingerbread candle.  I picked out two of the most scrumptious candles I have ever seen and two shower products that I'll be writing a separate blog post on soon!


You can always rely on Models Own at the Clothes Show for a bargain! I paid £10 for three nail varnishes and everything else came free. I'm chuffed as the pink lipstick is something I'd wear and you get the limited edition Clothes Show polish for free too, last year you had to pay for it. 


Rimmel really haven't impressed me much with their offering year even though their goody bag was a good offer nonetheless. You could pick between the Endless Glam or Retro Glam set and being me, I picked up both as I buy both of the mascaras normally. These were £5 each but I can't help but feel a little disappointed. Last years bag was so much better.


The Company Cosmo bag was quite disappointing compared to last years too! It was £3.50 but it was very misleading as the stall advertised that the goody bag included an 'I heart Christmas' book which was actually just an A4 bit of paper with a preview on it and also a Rimmel foundation which looked like a full size rather than a sample. I'm not too bothered because I'd probably have bought both of these magazines anyway.


Oh my god, this perfume is definitely one of my favourites. I bought it last year from the Clothes Show too so as soon as I saw this I snapped it up! It was £15 for the 100ml bottle of the fragrance and you got a free bag with it too.  I don't like the bag so I'll probably give it away but it was still such a bargain for the perfume alone.


I think So Susan are possibly the sister brand of Jelly Pong Pong or maybe they've renamed Jelly Pong Pong, So Susan...I'm not quite sure but it's confusing me! These four products were only £5! I can't wait to try them out properly.

As you can imagine, my arms are aching like crazy today after lugging all of this around but it's definitely worth it! I hope you've all enjoyed this post and let me know if you would like to see some individual reviews.  If you also visited the clothes show, leave your links to your posts below so I can check them out!

If you want to see what I bought from the Clothes Show last year then have a little look at this post.

Grace x


19 comments:

  1. That's so cool! How did the ciate lucky dip work?

    Megan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well basically they just handed you a bag of products! xx

      Delete
  2. I went yesterday and I left empty handed! lol I literally walked up and down several times, but I couldn't find anything worth having/buying! :/ Considering it was 25 years, I don't think this was that great in comparison to previous years I have attended. But that said, I did enjoy the fashion show, was pretty cool and it was a good day out :)

    www.serenityofbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow really?! That sucks :( I really liked the show but have to admit, some of the goody bags were a bit of a let down! xx

      Delete
  3. I'm really jealous! I so wanted to go this year, but the trains were just too expensive, which sucks. Looks like you got some lovely things though and had a great time :)xo

    http://901lovely.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah no, that's a shame that you couldn't go. :( It was amazing! xx

      Delete
  4. My lucky dip was different to yours, I had 3 kits. For £10 x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wooooah you definitely made it worth your while going there!! The velvet manicure looks really cool, post pictures up when you try it!

    franleanne.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I got my moneys worth! Haha. Shall do lovely! xx

      Delete
  6. Out of all the bags I love the ciate & the models own the most <3

    arg! you got a good deal for the bomb cosmetics products, I sooo want to try out some candles. Too cute!

    lovely post :)

    Zara

    zaras-bowsandpearls.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Ciate one is my fav! I just can't decide though, I love everything haha. xx

      Delete
  7. So great you were able to go to Clothes show live, you got some lovely things too!

    Leeannelle | Fashion and Beauty

    ..x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is a huge haul!! I've always wanted to go to the clothes show live but no one will come with me booo :(!!
    So jealous you managed to pick up some Lauren's way too! I've heard amazing things about it! Can't wait to see how you get on with it xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lauren's way tan is fab! I hope you get to try some sooon! xxx

      Delete
  9. You got some amazing things!

    theglamaddict.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow you got loads!
    do you want to follow each other on GFC and bloglovin? Let me know
    http://liliamberj.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. You can also email me - glitterandcarousels@yahoo.co.uk. Don't be shy!