Sunday 22 December 2013

The Christmas Tag!


Hello lovelies! 3 DAYS TO GO! EEEEK. I can barely contain my excitement! I've tried leaving the Christmas tag til as late as possible to make me feel super christmassy! Here goes...

1. When do you start getting excited about Christmas?

I'd say I start getting excited in early November. It might sound early but the time literally flies by and before I know it, it's a week until Christmas!

2. Do you still have advent calendars?

Well, I completely forgot to buy an advent calendar this year but luckily my friend at work brought a One Direction one in for me which took pride of place on my desk! I've ate all the chocs in it now though as I finished work on Friday.  

3. What are your favourite Christmas Films?

Love Actually has to be number one, I love the bit at the end where the little girl sings. I'd say Jingle all the way is up there too. Unbelievably, I watched Elf for the first time last year and I can't believe I went so long without watching it!

4. Do you have any funny Christmas memories?

We were once having Christmas dinner at my Grandad's house when the ceiling collapsed! It wasn't exactly funny but it's a memory that sticks with me and we all found humour in it afterwards and luckily, nobody got hurt. Also, a few Christmases a go, my Sister and I were staying over at my Grandad's on Christmas Eve and my Mum had given us all our presents to give to my Grandad for him to lay them out for us ready to open in the Morning. My Grandad went to the pub and had drank so much that he had to go to bed and my Sister and I had to lay them out ourselves. We agreed that we'd open one but that one turned into ten and we had to hide all evidence so nobody found out! Needless to say there weren't many presents left to unwrap in the morning. Oops! We've never let my Grandad forget how drunk he got either but he always blames it on the particular beer he was drinking that night!

5. Talk us through your typical Christmas Day? 

I have two brothers and two sisters so our Christmases are always so chaotic! We always stay up til Midnight on Christmas Eve to open a present and then we won't be able to get to sleep for ages because we're so excited. We'll get up about 8am and run downstairs in our pyjamas to see all our presents. My littlest brother is usually shouting 'SANTA'S BEEEEEN!'. We open all our presents and ogle them for a while and then get dressed and made up! Christmas is very much a family affair for us so we have about 10-15 people over for Christmas Dinner who all stay the night so we can play games and drink lots of alcohol. I love watching all the Christmas specials on TV but I always feel sad on Christmas night knowing that Christmas is all over for another year.

6. What do you eat for Christmas Dinner?

I personally don't like turkey so I never have that with my dinner but everybody else does. I just have the usual veg, mash, roast potatoes, Yorkshire puddings, stuffing and pigs in blankets but NO SPROUTS! I hate sprouts. Followed by a dessert of chocolate log or mince pies with ice cream. No Christmas pudding for me.

7. Do you have any Christmas traditions?

We always open a present on Christmas Eve but besides that, I don't think we have any other Christmas traditions in my family. Oh, all the girls are usually covered in glitter but I'm not sure that counts as a tradition!

8. Which are your favourite Christmas songs?

Band Aid - Do they know it's Christmas? is my all time favourite. I like the newer version of it though. I've also been in love with Olly Murs' version of I wish it could be Christmas everyday. Click play below to listen to it if you like, I think it's so lovely.



9. What is the best Christmas present you ever received?

My favourite present I've ever received has to be my first camera phone when I was like 14. I remember taking pictures of absolutely anything and everything but I kept having to delete the pictures because the memory on the phone was so rubbish. I remember taking my phone to school and everyone wanted to have a play on it.

10. Real or fake Christmas tree? 

Fake Christmas trees allll the way! I love the way real ones smell but the pines just hurt so much. I'm the type of girl that gets too excited and has to continuously arrange the presents under the tree so when the pines get stuck in my knees it's agony!

I hope you all have an excellent Christmas!

Grace x

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes I feel like the only person who doesn't like turkey. It's viewed as 'crap chicken' throughout the rest of the year so why change that just for Christmas?! Glad I'm not alone.
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i get excited on Christmas Eve LOL ;)

    check out my latest posts!
    http://georgiaanicolaou.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't eat turkey either, I do love sprouts though! I've never had a real Christmas tree but I'm hoping to get one next year.

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's strange I don't actually like Turkey either. I've never really understood why it is such a Christmassy thing to eat Turkey? Especially in Australia as we don't even eat it that much in general at any other time of the year. Your Christmas sounds so lovely with all those people there I can imagine how fun it would be. My family usually have quite a small gathering of imediate family and that's about it although now my sister has 2 bubs it's definitely getting bigger!
    Merry Christmas :)

    Deb | Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hateturkey too it's far too dry. I also just started following this blog and I love it, definitely going to check it out lots.x
    http://abstractambition.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw what a cute read, I can't wait now! :)

    franleanne.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. You can also email me - glitterandcarousels@yahoo.co.uk. Don't be shy!