Monday 9 December 2013

An embarrassingly late November favourites

Hello lovelies, this is SUCH an overdue post as I'm finding it so hard to find the time/daylight to take photographs.  Luckily I've had a day off with nothing planned today so I've managed to get a fair amount of photos taken to keep me blogging!

Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Body Wash £6.50 - I think this has got to be my all time favourite body wash.  I use it every shower time without fail! It's so strange though as it seems to have hardly gone down at all and I've had it since September.  The scent is just so lovely and citrus-y and I almost forget I'm in the shower from the amount of bubbles I get suffocated in, you'd think I was having a bath!

L'oreal Micellar Solution £3.33 - This is my 3rd bottle now and I truly can't see me ever not repurchasing it.  It removes my Estee Lauder double wear foundation like a dream and even budges waterproof mascara. I feel like it's on the same level as Batiste Dry Shampoo for me - I'll panic when I run out. 

Victoria's Secret Pear Glace Body Mist £8.49 - I lusted after the Victoria's Secret body mists for so long before I actually ordered one off eBay and I really wish I'd have bitten the bullet sooner.  Pear is one of my favourite fruits (watermelon is first, of course) and this is just like all my dreams in a bottle.  Ok maybe not quite all my dreams but I just love it.  I spritz it on after a shower and can smell it on my skin all day.

Body Shop Vanilla Eau De Toilette 30ml £8.50  - I'll be forever thankful to my Aunty who introduced me to this perfume about 5 years ago.  I go through phases with this fragrance where I won't purchase it for years and then all of a sudden, I'll have a craving for it.  I'm all about sweet sickly scents and this is definitely one of those.  I wouldn't recommend it if you don't enjoy those in-your-face fragrances though as some people find this quite pungent.  It's so long lasting, if I spray it on a scarf I can smell it for days on end!

Chanel Nail Polish in 'Suspicious' £17.50  - I feel like Blair Waldorf when I wear this for some reason. It's such a lovely deep autumn/winter red that glides on to the nail effortlessly.  I usually apply two coats but one would probably suffice, I just like to take extra precautions to make sure it's completely opaque.  The polish lasts for about 3-4 days without chipping which I'd expect it to for the price.  I really would like to add some more Chanel nail polishes to my collection but £17.50 is just such a huge price to pay for a single polish.

Fashionista Eyebrow Kit £3.50 - Filling in my brows is not my strong point but this kit just makes everything so much easier.  I apologise for how messy the kit looks in the photo, I use it every day with my grubby foundation hands but at least you can tell it's been loved eh?! This lasts all day and longer (yes, I've slept in my makeup a handful of times) and doesn't look like I've overdone my brows.  I tried to fill them in with a pencil before and I looked horrendous!  This eyebrow kit is currently half price on the MUA website!

Gosh Lipstick in 'Kitten Pink' £6.49 - I've probably worn this for the majority of November which is horrific considering I probably own over 100 lipsticks! It's the most perfect pink - not too dull and not too bright, just right! The staying power is incredible, I would go as far too say that it lasts as long as a MAC lipstick.  If you haven't tried any Gosh lipsticks, I can't recommend them enough.

I hope you've enjoyed this post! Apologies again that it is soooo late! I am a rubbish blogger.

Grace x

14 comments:

  1. I'm also struggling to find the time to take photos. I love soap and glory but haven't tried this wash yet. Clean on me is in my shower just now and it's lasting ages. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaah I love Clean on me too! That took me like a year to get through haha. I love Winter but it ruins all my photographs! xx

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love the Sugar Crush scent. It's so beautiful.
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I wish you could buy it in perfume form! xxx

      Delete
  3. Hey hun.. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog! I'm now following you on bloglovin :D Love the Vanilla Spray from Body Shop - smells divine!! Also SO JEALOUS that you went to Clothes Show Live. I really want to try some Sleep In Rollers too - you'll have to tell me when you do a review! xx

    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi lovely! Aww you are welcome! Thank you for following me :) I know, Body Shop has 50% off atm so I feel like buying some back ups haha. xxx

      Grace | Glitter and Carousels

      Delete
  4. I've never tried any Gosh lipsticks but that one looks beautiful - it really reminds me of a combination between MAC's Chatterbox and MAC's Pink Plaid! xx
    fiveonecouture.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Nail Polish ,what a beautiful Colour!
    follow new ,mind follow back?

    big Hugs <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. heard so much about the sugar crush body wash and this is such a good review! I'm thinking of getting a new soap and glory product, would you say to get the body wash over hand food? as I want to try them both. p.s I love your blog x
    http://trendsareoverrated.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Chanel varnish is such a lovely christmas colour. Might invest!

    www.skinandroses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Soap and Glory sugar crush range, especially the body butter!

    http://sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post, I really want to try the body shop vanilla scent - I love long lasting scents x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post lovely, I adore the L'Oreal Micellar Water, I'm on my second bottle but have bought a thrid because it just such an amazing job. The chanel polishes looks beautiful, I adore red nails (: xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. You can also email me - glitterandcarousels@yahoo.co.uk. Don't be shy!