Sunday 15 December 2013

Battle of the balms...


I am a sucker for lip balms.  I'll buy them whenever I see them but have only recently finished my first ever pot! Is it just my lip balms that tend to go on a holiday for a couple of months and then just magically re-appear usually after you've repurchased them?!

I couldn't think of a more fitting time for this post what with the freezing weather and winter colds that are spreading quicker than the plague at the moment.  These are just some of my favourite lip balms that haven't been too far out of my reach lately...

Cherry Carmex £2 - I LOVE CARMEX! This has been my staple lip balm for years now. If you're not familiar with Carmex, it either comes in liquid or pot form and basically just tingles your lips as you apply it. I can't stand lip glosses that promise to plump up your lips with that tingling element, this is completely different.  It's not an unpleasant tingle, it just soothes and moisturises chapped lips.  I think the scent is a bit hit and miss...it sort of has a slight chemist-y/menthol scent to it if that makes sense.  There are an array of different scents to choose from but cherry is my favourite so far.

Dr Lipp Nipple Balm £11.50 - I think everyone has a little giggle at the name of this excellent product.  Unsurprisingly, Nipple Balm is a 100% natural, multipurpose product which can be used on lips, cuticles, eczema and even baby's bums! I only have the sample size at the moment and have used it so many times but there's still lots of product left.  You only need to use the tiniest amount as a little really does go a long way.  I normally apply this to my lips before bed when they're seriously dried out as I find the thickness of the balm too much to wear in the day.  When I wake up in the morning my lips are completely replenished.  I will definitely be purchasing the full size when I run out of my little sample!

A-Derma Intense Repair Lip Balm £7.95 - Similar to the Nipple Balm, this is also 100% natural and is made with Rhealba Oat Milk.  Again, the formula is thick but it's not unbearable for daytime wear.  I usually use this most when I have a cold.  I apply it before I start applying my makeup and by the time I've finished applying, it's well and truly moisturised my lips. There isn't really a scent which makes it perfect for both men and women!

Nivea Lip Butter in 'Raspberry Rose' £2.25 - A high ranking product in the beauty world.  It's not the most nourishing lip balm out there but oh my god, the scent makes up for that.  It just smells exactly like raspberry fruitellas! I like to wear this if I'm not wearing anything else on my lips in the day. It's soothing and isn't sticky as it's a butter formula.

Maybelline Baby Lips in 'Cherry Me' £2.99 Another blogger fave is the oh so hyped Maybelline Baby Lips line.  Personally I find the ones that are meant to hydrate/moisturise not to really do much for me.  I really like Cherry Me as it leaves a nice tint to your lips and moisturises slightly at the same time. I like to wear this when I can't be bothered but still want to look like I've made a little bit of effort!

I hope you've enjoyed this post. Only TEN more days until Christmas! eeeek!

Grace x






18 comments:

  1. Lovely choices, I love the Nivea and the Baby Lips one the most!

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale |

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Babylips, Carmex and Dr Lipp Nipple Balm and I love them all for different reasons.

    www.becka-thisismyworld.blogspot.com
    Becka x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Nivea Raspberry Rose looks like it smells and feel amazing. I definitely need to find and pick it up.
    Jessica
    the way to my Hart

    ReplyDelete
  4. great balms! would you like to follow eachother?
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i always use a medicated lip balm from tesco..
    i couldn't live without it now! xx
    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I usually find I loose lip balms. And ten days is not long, I've started to panic slightly now xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a huge fan of Dr. Lipp - makes my lips so soft in the morning :) x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carmex is the bomb! Can't believe I only tried it for the first time a month ago!

    Ellis xxx
    ELRBX // Beauty, lifestyle & personal blog! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice post- thanks for your lovely review! Keep up the good work!
    Would you like to follow each other?

    Xxx
    http://thedancingpencilonpaper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I do love a good lip balm! Did you get the Dr Lipp one in a glossybox? I do think it's very thick; think I'll try the Carmex one! Great post.

    Chloesparkles xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post, I have the baby lips and. Nivea rose lip butter which I love!

    www.petitebeautyblogger.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am addicted to lip products! I always have 5-7 in my handbag, I really like the look of that Nivea balm I will have to see if we have it here. Also thanks for the lovely comment on my blog too. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah the Nivea Lip Butter is my favourite lip balm of all time. It's such an amazing lip balm, and leaves my lips feeling so soft! xx

    Gem // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahh I want the Nivea lip butter just for the smell but the carmex is probably best for my lips! amazing post xxx

    www.megsbudgetboutique.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Im always been a fan of Babylips and Nivea Lip Butter, they just work really well with me :)

    sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey there, completely IN-LOVE with your blog, just followed you on GFC (961), would love if you follow back :)

    mandyshareslife.blogspot.com

    MandySharesLife FACEBOOK PAGE

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful post! My sister is also obsessed with lip balms and I love the Maybelline Baby Lips for a quick yet pulled together lip color and shine. I just bought some Nivea lip balms too can't wait to try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dr. Lipp is the best! Great post!

    Kylie
    http://beautyineffect.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. You can also email me - glitterandcarousels@yahoo.co.uk. Don't be shy!