Monday 18 May 2015

L'oreal Infallible 24 Hour Matte Foundation - Is it really an Estee Lauder dupe?!


After reading reviews that the L'oreal Infallible 24 hour matte foundation was a great dupe for Estee Lauder Double Wear, I knew I had to have it. Estee Lauder double wear is my absolute favourite foundation EVER and I'd pretty much given up hope on finding a drugstore alternative.

L'oreal Infallible 24 hour matte foundation retails at £6.99 and comes in six different shades.  It'd be nice to have a few more shades in the collection as I couldn't find one that matched my skin perfectly. The closest shade to my skin tone was 'Vanilla'. I find the bottle really useful as it tells you exactly what to expect from the foundation - medium texture and high coverage.  I also like the fact it's in a see through bottle so there's no element of surprise when you're about to run out!


I've applied the foundation with a beauty blender and a makeup brush and there's not much difference in the way it applies.  As the liquid is quite light, it blends easily and smoothly.  The only thing I would say is that you need to use a good primer underneath the foundation as it does stick to all your dry patches - sigh!

As for the coverage, I have to say I'm a little disappointed. If it wasn't for me thinking I had the Estee Lauder drugstore alternative right in my very hands, I think I'd have liked it more. I set my expectations waaay too high! Personally I think the coverage is more on the medium side than high.  One layer doesn't cover my blemishes so I tend to apply two unless I'm having a fab skin day.  Once applied, the foundation does look very natural and I do love the way it sits on my skin so I've been wearing this for work during the week. The packaging states that the product should last 24 hours but I'd say it starts to go patchy after around 7 hours.

For £6.99, I would recommend picking this up as it is a nice foundation considering how inexpensive it is but the search for the drugstore Estee Lauder dupe continues...

2 comments:

  1. This sounds nice but I wouldn't rush out and buy it!

    Hannah Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good, honest review :)

    Lauren x
    www.foodthoughtslife.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. You can also email me - glitterandcarousels@yahoo.co.uk. Don't be shy!