Wednesday 27 May 2015

13 reasons why your mum will always be your BFF


It's my Mum's birthday today and unfortunately, I haven't been able to spend it with her thanks to living 230 miles away.  I know it sounds cliche but I honestly didn't appreciate my Mum as much as I thought I did until moving away! I'm not good with emotional stuff so instead of writing a long gushy facebook message (like my sister did!), I thought I'd write a little post dedicated to my Mum that I think a lot of you will also be able to relate to. Here are 13 reasons why your mum will always be your best friend!

1. Whether you want a rant, cry or just need someone to talk to, you can call your mum at absolutely any time for a chat and you know she'll be there to listen.  A chat with your mum will instantly brighten your mood.

2. She will always cook you your favourite meals when you go home to visit and won't complain about having to make multiple trips out to buy forgotten ingredients!

3. You can tell her your deepest darkest secrets and she won't judge you for it.

4. She makes the best cakes. I think Mum's just have a secret ingredient because I can never get my cakes to taste like hers *insert heart broken emoji here*

5. You know that lost MAC lipstick that's been missing for ages? YOUR MUM WILL FIND IT IN ABOUT 0.10 SECONDS!

6. She will give you the confidence to do anything your heart desires, be it an interview for your dream job, wearing that dress you don't think looks good or conquering the world single handedly.

7. When you've got a weird rash on your hand and you don't know what it is, your mum will be able to give you the answer instantly. I mean, she's practically a doctor with the amount of Casualty she's watched in her time.

8. You can sing your heart off in front of her and instead of laughing at you, she'll just join in instead.

9. She would give you her last £1 in the world because she'd rather herself go without than you.

10. She'll support you with anything even if she doesn't necessarily agree with said thing!

11. All she ever cares about is your happiness. She'd never bitch about you behind your back and would put anyone straight if they even tried.

12. She may be double your age but you still have so much in common - perfumes, makeup, clothes & music!

13. Your mum will always be there for you and will be the one person you can rely on for life.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUM!

6 comments:

  1. That is the nicest thing your daughter could say to you so thank you. I am just a humble woman who has been blessed to have five beautiful children and as a mom, all you want to do is love and care for your child.
    The bonus is that when your children grow up, they will want to spend time with you, talk to you and appreciate you and then if you are really lucky, your children will become your very best friends.
    I love you so much Grace and I think myself very lucky that you were my first baby and even though I really didn't know how to look after a tiny person, I knew that love (and lots of it) would be enough. I had that in abundance and still do.
    You have made me cry reading this wonderful blog and I want you to know that I am immensely proud of the beautiful woman you have become. I hope we love each other and remain best friends, for always, Mom xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a nice post but you'd be surprised about the secrets one, ive been judged far too many times so ive stopped telling her things.

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the most amazing post! I can relate to every single one. My mum truly is my best friend and I love her always. <33 xxx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Such a lovely post, I adore my mum and think that she is the best person ever xx

    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww I love this, they are so true! My mum is definately my best friend!

    Lauren x
    www.foodthoughtslife.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely blog post, my mum is my best friend too!
    Lucy at Lucyy Writes

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. You can also email me - glitterandcarousels@yahoo.co.uk. Don't be shy!