Monday 1 June 2015

Bourjois Instant Dry Nail Drops


I've been a bit lazy with my nails lately. I don't know why but I started to dread painting my nails and instead of painting them around 3 times a week, I painted them about once every two weeks which is shocking if you look at the amount of nail polish I own.

I started to think about why I couldn't be bothered to paint my nails and the number one reason was because the drying time was just far too long. In a bid to restore my nail polish love, I purchased the Bourjois Instant Dry Nail Drops on a complete whim after reading zero reviews on it. I had tried a nail drying product before - Elegant Touch's Rapid Dry spray which I got in a Glossybox some time ago but I hadn't found it to work very well at all which is why I opted for the drops over another spray type drying product.



On first impressions, the bottle is packaging is pretty basic - nothing particularly special or eye catching but what I really liked was the little droplet, it kind of makes me feel like a scientist. The instructions say to add a droplet of the nail drying oil onto each nail after applying your polish so that's exactly what I did! I noticed that the oil also sank into my cuticles and spread quickly so that it covered my whole nail. I thought that the product would have quite a 'chemical' scent but it's completely scent free! It's as if you're just dropping a bit of water on to your nail with a slight touch of grease and although I say grease, the oil does absorb within a couple of minutes so you're not completely greasy.

When a product says it'll dry quickly, I expect it to dry quickly! None of the whole sitting around for 10 minutes just in case it hasn't dried properly.  I put the nail drops to the test and after two minutes brushed the nail polish against my skin. The nail polish was completely untouched, just as I'd applied it and I was pretty excited, I have to admit. Not content enough with that I decided to dig a nail into the polish to see if it'd leave me with any dents and to be honest, there was a slight dent but I definitely expected that since my nail polish had been on for a grand total of around three minutes.

I honestly cannot get enough of this product. For £5.99, I think the Bourjois Instant Dry Nail Drops need to be in every girls nail routine and I'm pretty hard to please so you know it must be good if I say that! Obviously you can't go and open shampoo lids and your Pandora bracelet clip (BEST WAY TO CHIP YOUR NAILS, EVERRRR) but you can do everyday stuff like go for a wee and pull your pyjama bottoms up after just 5 minutes of painting your nails and I think that is pretty fantastic.

Have you heard of this product before?! I hadn't before eyeing it up on the Boots website.

5 comments:

  1. Oooo may have to go get this product myself!!

    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha love this! I always need a wee right after painting my nails!
    Definitely going to give this a go - it will hopefully speed up the time it takes me to do my nail art!
    Thanks for sharing :)

    Jayde

    http://jaydelondon.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even know this product existed!
    I'm so lazy when it comes to my nails that I definitely need something like this!!
    Thanks for sharing!!!

    The Everyday Life of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so buying a bottle when I'm next passing Boots. Forever smudging my nails because I need a wee straight after :p
    Lucy at Lucyy Writes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely want to try this! I'm so impatient after painting my nails, this will be a life saver!
    http://chelseabailes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. You can also email me - glitterandcarousels@yahoo.co.uk. Don't be shy!