Tuesday 24 March 2015

Frank Coffee Scrub | Worth the splurge?

 http://frankbody.co.uk/ - £11.95

I purchased the Frank coffee scrub last year after hearing a crazy amount of bloggers going wild for it, I just got sucked in to the hype. There's no way I'd be willing to fork out £11.95 for 200g of shower product that came in a bottle but because it's gimicky (the whole coffee scrub thing, you don't see very often do ya?!), I just wanted to try it!

There's four different varietys of scrub - Coconut, Cacao, Peppermint & Original and since I'm not a very adventurous person, I settled for Original.  The first thing that was apparent when opening the waterproof bag was the strong scent of coffee with a slight orange hint that nearly made me choke. The scent is something you definitely get used to after a while though, I was just shocked at how powerful it was!

Frank is meant to target dry skin, stretch marks, cellulite, eczema, psoriasis, varicose veins, acne and scarring.  I have a few dry skin patches on my body so I wanted to see how well it coped at combatting them mainly.  Call me silly but I was a bit scared to try it at first as I'm one of these people that manages to get a rash from anything at all, even air. Ok, I exaggerated that a tiny bit. After getting over my initial fear, I set to work with my new fancy Frank taking a handful of the scrub and rubbing it over my skin in circular motions. Frank feels a little scratchy on the skin but that's what an exfoliater does. My only concern when using it was OH MY GOD, MY SHOWER IS FILTHY! Frank gets EVERYWHERE and that's my only gripe with the product.

After I'd washed the scrub off, I could instantly tell my skin was moisturised, not even a little bit moisturised, the type of moisturised you feel after you cover yourself in Righteous Butter and that made me smile because I hate moisturising, it's such a chore! With regards to the dry patches, Frank isn't a miracle cure sadly enough.  After 3 or more uses, the dry patches did feel well, less dry but they didn't completely disappear.

I like Frank as a little treat as it's fun and takes the hassle out of moisturising but I wouldn't say I'd rush out to buy this when I finish my current packet. On a separate note, how do you feel about the packaging?! I love it! I think it's really unique and simple.

You can buy Frank here if ya fancy!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for making this review! I am always so intrigued by it but it does seem a little bit doable at home. Buy coffee + olive oil, right? But I would like to see what the buzz is. It is on my list to try out! But gosh that PRICE!

    doitfortheirony.blogspot.com / creative + lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. The packaging is really cute! It sounds like a really good scrub if you have normal skin that's needs a little hydrating, but not so much for dry skin!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been tempted by these before but managed to stop myself, I mean surely a sugar scrub and a good body butter could do? Haha, they do look great and to be honest sound like they smell great but I just feel like they could be more hyped than anything. Great to see an honest review! x
    ELEANORMAES

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. You can also email me - glitterandcarousels@yahoo.co.uk. Don't be shy!