Monday 23 March 2015

Fragrance Direct haulin'


So you know those times when you don't need any makeup but you just desperately want to spend some money?! Of course you do, fellow beauty blogger ;). Fragrance Direct is my go to site for times like those as everything is as cheap as chips and everybody knows it's ok to buy makeup you don't need when it's a bargain, right? REASSURE ME!


Essie is the section I scour first purely because of the fact that the polishes are all £2.49 each which is AMAZE compared to the £7.99 Boots sell them for. I don't know why they're so cheap, maybe because they're from a few seasons ago perhaps? but I'm just grateful for the bargain. I picked up Fall in Line, Strut your stuff, Take it Outside and Muchi Muchi. I can't wait to wear that beautiful blue on my nails - perfect Summer colour!


Lip products are my obsession and I don't think I'll ever get bored of them. I always go a tad cray cray (yeah, I just said that) in the lipsticks section on Fragrance direct because they're just so cheap! I'm most excited to try the W7 butter kiss lipsticks but I'll review all of them at some point. I swatched the W7 lip liner and it's a dreaaaaam. It glided on so nicely so I just can't wait to see what the staying power is like. I love it when a product that looks naff (W7 lip liner) from the outside is amazing, like that old cliche, never judge a book by it's cover. I'm not gonna go into detail with each of these as as I said, I want to review them all but I'll just tell you that there's not one lip product in this picture that cost over £2.50 - gasp.


It's warming up outside which means I need to look glowy like Blake Lively so I bought the W7 make up & glow bronzing base which is meant to be a dupe for the Chanel soleil tan de Chanel bronzing base. I'll never be able to confirm this because I can't afford Chanel, soz but obvs I'll let you know how it is.  I've been watching Loz Curtis on Youtube and she raves about the L'oreal true match foundation all the time. I tried it a couple of years ago but I can't remember if I liked it or not so wanted to give it another go! It was only £4.99 so worth a punt n all that.


So I bought these bronzers from Famous by Sue Moxley mainly because they were £1.49 each and I like the tacky packaging but also because they remind me of the MAC mineralized skin finish powders.  They look hideously orange but I think I can work with them - i'll keep you posted.


I get a bit excited about fake tans I haven't tried before so I had to get this Ibiza Honey mousse. Apparently this is meant to be £15 but it's £2.99 on Fragrance Direct which slightly alarms me but I'll try it anyway! I need a brush that'll make my contour 'on point' and this W7 face blender brush looks like the perfect cut. It was £4.25 - my most priciest purchase of the whole haul so it better be good! Finally I got this L'oreal hair mask which looks pretty boring but I'm hoping it'll make my hair all glossy and smooth.

Do you ever shop at Fragrance Direct when you're bored?!

14 comments:

  1. What a great haul and I just love the nail polish shades you picked.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never shopped at fragrance direct before or even really heard about it but after seeing these bargains I'm going to have a browse right now! Would love to see how you get on with the tan as I'm trying to decide what to buy for summer!
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh Amy, you need to indulge in a little Fragrance Direct! Post a haul if you do decide to order! I'll definitely review the tan :) xx

      Delete
  3. Oooh great choices - now I feel like I need to go and spend more money! I'm glad they have True Match foundation on there though as it's my favourite at the moment and saving a couple of pounds makes a real difference xx

    Charlotte / Colours & Carousels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops sorry for making you want to spend money! Haha. Yeah, I can't wait to try it again! I love any type of discount, proper bargain hunter! xx

      Delete
  4. I love Fragrance Direct as they've saved me so much money in the past. Great haul X

    THEFASHION-JUNKIE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME TOO! So cheap and cheerful, especially for prezzies! xx

      Delete
  5. Love the colours of those nail polishes! I need to try some Essie ones! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How in the world have I never heard of this website?!
    I'll definitely be checking it out!

    Lovely post.

    xx

    Small&Blonde ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've actually never brought anything from Fragrance Direct, but those Essie polishes are tempting me!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a good haul! x

    I'll have to check this website out! xx

    lotsofloveliz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. You can also email me - glitterandcarousels@yahoo.co.uk. Don't be shy!