Thursday 26 February 2015

Four mini makeup reviews in one post


I had a makeup clear out a couple of weeks ago and found some products that I hadn't yet tried and some that had just completely got lost in my stack of makeup drawers - hoarder, I am! I wanted to review some of said products but I didn't have enough to say about each of them separately to warrant a post of their own if you get my drift? so I've decided on just reviewing 4 in 1. How lucky are you!



Alright, so the first thing that becomes apparent when reading this post is that there's no bloody swatch of the nail polish. I've put this post off because I didn't have a swatch and then I just thought, y'know what, I could just tell you to google the swatches so pleaseeee do that instead! The truth is, I absolutely hated this nail polish and I don't want to go through the pain of painting my nails with it again all for the sake of one photo. Models Own Chrome Rose has the prettiest bottle I've ever seen and I could just look at it all day but the polish itself sadly didn't suit my pale skin tone.  Not only did it not suit me, it also made my nails look hideous. I don't know whether it's the chrome finish but my nails looked like they were in terrible condition underneath it. A plus is that you only need one layer for a good coverage but a negative is that it chips quicker than you could say the word 'chip'.


I actually found the Barry M black marker pen in a bargain bin at Tesco for £2.50 so believe me when I say I'm pretty chuffed.  The packaging is pretty 'meh' which I think is pretty standard for a Barry M non nail polish product so I don't really have a lot to comment on it. I do love the fact it's literally like a marker pen, you get a thick black line due to the massive felt tip type nib but if thick liner's not your thing, there's no compromise for a thinner line I'm afraid. I've used this liner around 5 times and each time it's stayed put all day. It's black but not black if that makes sense, it's not as black as the Collection liner which still claims 'number one eyeliner' space in my heart. Oh and it also seems to be drying out which makes me sad but I don't know whether this is down to the fact that it was massively reduced.


I love a good Baby Lips lip balm. They're great to have on your desk at work or just to have as a backup product in your bag.  The regular formula ones don't really make much of a difference to the condition of my lips so I thought I'd try out the Dr Rescue Too Cool edition.  I've been loving the tingly sensation from the mint especially when applied in the morning to prepare for lipstick cause it wakes me up a bit.  I do think it does a lot better job at moisturising compared to the regular Baby Lips so good work, Maybelline!


Judging from the product itself inside the W7 Africa Blush box, you'd have every right to be terrified. Bronzer, an orange combination of blush/bronze and a bright pink blusher shouldn't work but MY GOODNESS, it does.  I absolutely love this blusher - you can build it up or just have a subtle sweep across your cheeks and it still looks really nice. An added bonus is that it also lasts all day so there's no need for touch ups. An extra added bonus is that the brush it comes with is useless for the actual bronzer but ridiculously great for contouring those cheekbones with a contouring cream.

Have you tried any of these products?

4 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to try the W7 Africa Blush Box but never got round to buying one yet... It's a shame about the nail varnish, googled the swatches and the shade looks lovely! Definitely my favourite colour right now x
    han // emandhan xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Reviews! Dr Rescue sounds really interesting :)
    Can we follow each other? :)

    lovely Greets

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a shame about the nail polish, im always having trouble with models own, i love the colours but some polishes keep peeling off and it annoys me.

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. You can also email me - glitterandcarousels@yahoo.co.uk. Don't be shy!