Sunday 22 February 2015

A peek into my week #1


HI! I'm not gonna lie, I'm bored of blogging about beauty all the time which you may have noticed from my posts over the last couple of months. I'm going to add a sort of 'weekly roundup' post every Sunday which I know is totes unoriginal but it's a post I've always loved reading. Everyone loves a little look in on other people's lives right?!

I've been obsessed with stationary over the past couple of months. I mean, I did already love it but now it's turned into an obsession. I just want alllll the pretty paper in the world! Obvs my stationary obsession is completely justifiable as I'm using it to plan posts and write ideas down that usually manage to slip out of my head within 5 minutes. The little book for big secrets is from Tiger and was only a £1 - such a bargain! They had them in 3 different sizes too. 

I took a trip to Primark on Thursday and spied this glittery sippy cup - basically if I was a cup/glass this is what I'd want to look like. I'm hoping it'll make me want to drink tons more water because it's just so pretty that I want it in my hand like, all of the time. 


I'm not a massive sock wearer but I hadn't spent as much money as I wanted in Primark so I had a peek at the sock selection and MY GOD, it's good! I just wanted so many pairs. The flump ones are definitely my faves even though I'd probably never wear them outside my house because I imagine a lot of people would find them a tad weird. I've seen people instagramming some cute disney themed socks lately so I'm gonna have to go and pick up some of those too. It's a hard life eh?


I spoke about my stationary obsession earlier which meant I HAD to have a mooch around Paperchase because that shop is like my dream. I just wish it was cheaper but then I sort of don't because I love the feeling when you start writing in a new pad using your BEST handwriting. You just feel fancyyyy because it was so expensive, do you know what I mean?! Anyway, I'd never really noticed the postcard stand before but after twirling it round and round, deciding which ones I'd buy and what I could actually do with them, I decided on the 4 above. Well actually 5 but ones missing. Oops. I bought the little silver frame from Tiger and popped one of the postcards in it and I actually love it! If I saw that on sale in a shop I'd probably buy it for like a fiver but it actually cost just £1.60. Thrifty home decor at it's finest.


My Grandad and I have started writing to eachother which is sooo nice because barely anyone writes actual letters anymore. I can't remember the last time (before this) I received a letter in the post. It's way more exciting than a phone call and you get to read it over and over again and keep it forever. My Grandad actually rang me yesterday to see whether I got the letter which we laughed at because it defeated the whole object and I basically just said everything i'd have written back! I'll have to think of my own questions to ask now, haha.


I went to see Fifty Shades of Grey today and I still don't know how I feel about it. I cringed the whole way throughout the movie, like full on crinkled my nose and frowned - a LOT. It also made me feel mad that there are real girls in the world that would let men treat them like their little sex puppet but each to their own and all that. It did make me want success though, Christian Grey's empire is dreamyyyyy and empowered me a little. Empowered me to be successful and to not let men be mean to me. Ever.

P.S £10.95 for a cinema ticket? WHAT KIND OF WORLD DO WE LIVE IN!

How's your weekend been?! If you write a weekly roundup post, leave the link below because I'd love to read them!

4 comments:

  1. I miss doing these sorts of posts but my life has been so blah recently that I've been skipping them. I love the dippy cup and I have one as well and I love using it.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your socks with the ruffles ❤ adorable! I always thought it's interesting to spice things up and add lifestyle faves in the post! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. You can also email me - glitterandcarousels@yahoo.co.uk. Don't be shy!