Tuesday 3 February 2015

Three makeup favourites that I'll always repurchase


Having an OTT makeup collection means that I often forget about products I once loved so I like to have a little makeup rotation every couple of weeks or so.  There are only three products that I will truly use every single day that I can't bare to switch up - a foundation, a pressed powder and an eyeliner.


I've used the Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder for years now as it's the only pressed powder I've found that keeps my face looking fresh all day long.  It instantly mattifys your skin and you can build up your desired amount without it caking up your skin.  I used to apply this with a sponge but I've recently switched to a brush as I find you use much less product and it still does the job just as well! I'm yet to find a pressed powder that beats this.



Collection Extreme 24 hour felt tip liner has been my beauty staple for YEARS! It's the only eyeliner that stays on all day that actually stays looking jet black instead of fading to a dark grey colour. I've been to sleep in this before, woke up and it stays looking exactly how I applied it. It's a complete steal at £2.99 too so if you haven't tried it yet, you need this in your life! I like the felt tip end too as you have a lot of control over the size of the line you want to create. I find with general liquid eyeliners the tip is so flimsy and it makes it hard to get a steady line.



I did a full review on Estee Lauder Double Wear not too long ago which you can read here if you're intrigued.  I've reached a point now where I won't even buy another foundation as I constantly compare everything to this. If you don't like a full coverage then steer clear of Estee Lauder Double Wear as it is very thick and has been known to break people out. Personally, I've never had a problem with breakouts with the product and I will admit that I am known to sleep in my makeup a handful of times a month (total hands over eyes monkey emoji moment). It lasts all day and more if you want it too and everything I own is covered in it - I really need to stop touching my face throughout the day! You're either going to love or hate this foundation - obviously I just LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

5 comments:

  1. I've also been using the Rimmel stay matte powder forever and I repurchase it over and over! I'm debating whether to splash out on the normal double wear too after picking up a free sample and absolutely loving it!

    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely love all three of these items, they're some of my faves too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Rimmel powder as well. I couldn't even count how many times I've repurchased it. I've tried other powders but in terms of value for money and getting the job done you can't ask for better! That foundation actually sounds like one I'd really enjoy! Great picks xx

    Love and Marmalade

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice!
    follow to follow?
    http://defishencia.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. You can also email me - glitterandcarousels@yahoo.co.uk. Don't be shy!