Friday 30 May 2014

Friday Fave #1: MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in 'Soft and Gentle'.


If you're anything like me and spent hours swooning over Blake Lively's perfect glowing skin in Gossip Girl, you're going to like this post!

To be quite honest, when I first laid eyes on MAC's Mineralize Skin Finish in 'Soft and Gentle', it scared me.  In the pan it looks way too glittery for my liking (not that I don't love glitter, I just don't want to look like a christmas decoration).  I swatched it on my hand and even then I wasn't convinced but I still went ahead and bought it and thank goodness I did!

When applied on your face it's a total different matter.  I usually just use it as a highlight on my cheeks, brow bone and nose but I have tried it as an eyeshadow too and I actually really liked it!  You can also sweep it across the whole of your face although I'd say that if you're going to do that make sure you do it very lightly as it is possible to go a teeny bit over the top with this product.  The effect is just perfectly glistening skin.  You can see tiny particles of glitter if you look really hard but other than that you're just left with a subtle golden glow. 

I'd recommend this even more so if you're quite pale as when I apply it when I'm fake tanned I feel like I don't get as good as effect when I do whilst pale.  For £22 it is quite a bit to fork out but I've had my skin finish for a good 7 months now and I'm not even half way through it and I literally use this every day!

Have you tried this product?  What highlighters are you loving?

Grace x






11 comments:

  1. This looks really nice. I think I would like this best on my eyes, but it is a bit pricey. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think it's a little pricey but you definitely get your moneys worth out of it :) xx

      Delete
  2. This is so pretty! It has been on my wishlist for ages!

    www.emgrace.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have soft & gentle too and I loooove it :D

    xx Vivi
    www.daintyhummingbird.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a gorgeous highlighter - I am loving the the balm mary loumanizer which is amazing x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  5. I picked this up a week ago in duty free when flying out on holiday. I couldn't wait to use it after hearing so many good reviews and I totally understand why. It completely changes your make-up and really does add that extra something to it. I use it as a highlighter and cannot rave about it enough :D X
    thefashion-junkie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now this is definitely going on my 'to buy' list - love the metallic sheen - gorgeous!!

    Elizabeth x | www.candyflosscurlscupcakesandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want this so bad! It seems to always be sold out everywhere :( xxx

    www.evatsx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is a lovely post, really want this now! xx

    lucyabigailsmith.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. You can also email me - glitterandcarousels@yahoo.co.uk. Don't be shy!