Monday 19 May 2014

Best Kept Secrets Watermelon Candle


 Up until a couple of years ago, candles didn't really excite me very much.  I'd limit them for cold, dark evenings and even then I wasn't particularly bothered by their presence.  However, thanks to the Yankee Candle hype that we've all been sucked in by, I absolutely cannot get enough of the little babies.  It's got to the point where I know I can't buy anymore candles until I finish burning some of my collection but they're just to pretty to burn so it's always such a challenge for me! 

Last Summer, I was having a little mooch around a carboot sale/market near my Grandma's house in Yorkshire and my Mum and I came across a cute little stand by Best Kept Secrets.  They were selling the most beautiful tinned candles all with delicious, heavy scents and delicate embellishments and I just couldn't resist buying one.  Being a massive watermelon fan, this candle was the first that caught my eye so of course I had to buy it.  The scent is mainly just watermelon but there's also a really sugary and sweet element too.  It's the kind of scent that just makes you want to go to the beach and drink cocktails all day.

I can't bring myself to burn it yet because 1) it's pretty and 2) I love leaving the lid off the tin so that my whole bedroom smells of watermelon.  There's a 50 hour burn time on the tinned candles from Best Kept Secrets though so I'm pretty sure it'd last a while when I do finally come to burn it!  What I think I like most is the glitter and little 'diamonds' on top of the candle, it's just such a cute touch! I also like that the tin is really simple and just looks really homemade.

Have you tried any candles from Best Kept Secrets?  Pop over and look at the other scents if you like.  Next on my list is Chocolate Cloud and Lily of the Valley I think!

Grace x


8 comments:

  1. Looks so pretty! I bet it smells delicious xx

    www.poptartsbeauty.blogspot.co.uk
    Check out my MAC lipstick giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the candle looks so lovely! I bet its scent is really good too! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must admit I don't get the candle hype haha but this looks so pretty! x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty candle! x

    underbluelights.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This must smell amazing! I love watermelon- need to get one now!
    Daniella x

    http;//daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like it would smell delicious! And it looks pretty too :)

    Shannon Rebecca | Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  7. that sounds so lovely!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. take a peek at my £250+ beauty giveaway, if you fancy! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not sure about watermelon as a candle scent?! I just bought a Coriander candle from Osmology, I hate coriander but the scent is amazing so I guess you never know with scented candles.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. You can also email me - glitterandcarousels@yahoo.co.uk. Don't be shy!