Saturday 8 February 2014

MUA Luxe Velvet 'Reckless' Lip Lacquer Review



As soon as I laid eyes on the MUA Luxe collection, I knew that I had to try something from the range. MUA are the Queen of bargainous yet high quality cosmetics so I was intrigued to see how the Luxe range compared to the regular MUA range that we all know and love.

First off, lets take a moment to appreciate the sleek, luxurious packaging! I really love the fact the lip lacquer comes in a little cardboard outer which instantly makes you feel like you've bought something expensive.  The product itself is a frosty, heavy tube with 'MUA Luxe London' on the lid.

I was instantly drawn to 'Reckless', a deep red with blue undertones, which is surprising for me as a red lip is usually not my thing.  I swatched it on my hand before I properly applied it and was absolutely shocked at just how pigmented the lip lacquer was. I then quickly tried to rub it off but it was too late which made me a little bit scared as I knew I was going to have to work quick with the product.

As you can see from the above photos, the lip lacquer dries to a matte finish.  I had a tiny bit of an issue at first when applying as I accidentally smudged a little on to my skin that I really had to rub at to remove.  I'd say it lasts for about 6 hours in total but after 3/4 hours it fades around the edges.  I drank wine and ate Christmas dinner within the first couple of hours of application and it honestly did not move at all.

I''m super impressed with the lip lacquer and will most definitely try other products in the Luxe range.  Have you tried these yet?

Thanks for reading!

Grace x



8 comments:

  1. I adore this (: I also have the power brow, which is really nice (: xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fab product! This is great for nights out because you won't have to keep on re-applying <3

    zaras-bowsandpearls.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this and the power brow, I hated the power brow! But adored this. I have a review on it coming next week (scheduled!) so I can't quite remember what day, but I looooved it!!

    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaah I was thinking of getting the power brow so I'm glad I didn't! xxx

      Delete
  4. Love the fact that it's super pigmented. Definitely a bargain X

    http://thefashion-junkie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is a bargain, and especially as it doesn't seem to fade away easily!

    www.justshazea.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore all of these drugstore lip lacquers that are around now, love the colour of this one :)

    www.walking-in-heels.blogspot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every time I'm near a superdrug I'm in there hunting for this, but I haven't managed to find one near me that stocks it yet, sigh!

    Charlotte - www.blotandreapply.com x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. You can also email me - glitterandcarousels@yahoo.co.uk. Don't be shy!