Monday 10 February 2014

Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder in 'Transparent'.


Up until a couple of years ago, pressed powders really weren't my thing.  I'd buy them, try them and forget about them.  They didn't really add anything to my skin and my makeup didn't last any longer so I decided to skip the step completely and remove powder from my daily routine. 

Over the last couple of years I've noticed my skin becoming a tiny bit more oily, especially on my T zone and possibly because I wear a lot more foundation now than I used to! I decided to make a purchase I was never going to be able forget - Rimmel London's Stay Matte pressed powder. 

The Stay Matte pressed powder has recently taken the internet by storm and honestly, it totally deserves the recognition.  I use a Real Techniques powder brush to apply but have also used sponges before in the past.  I dust a little all over my makeup, trying not to be too heavy handed, as this can give you quite a cakey look if you're not careful! It completely eliminates any shine and gives your base a mattifying finishing touch.  I'd say it lasts around 6-7 hours without needing to re-apply. 

Recently I decided to stop wearing it for a day just to see if it was making a difference to my makeup and instantly regretted it! My foundation wore off a lot quicker and my keyboard/pads/clothes got covered in foundation from touching my face (eww!).  It's kind of one of those things that you can't visibly see much of a difference, apart from less shine obviously, but you can totally notice the difference if it were to disappear.

Rimmel, I salute you! I will never purchase another pressed powder again until this one gets discontinued.  After all, if it ain't broke, don't fix it...(unless it's blogger hype of course ;) )

Grace x



7 comments:

  1. I love this powder so so so much!! Great review x
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try this, I've been using the benefit stay flawless powder for years but it's an expensive addiction!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this one in shade beige and I swear by it! Works great and it's sooo affordable :) xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. This powder is definitely worth some attention! It is one of my beauty essentials, could never be without it now. I have tried many others and nothing compares! Major love.
    www.becka-thisismyworld.blogspot.com
    Becka x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I buy this powder in shade 002, I LOVE it, it has been my daily essential for literally 4 years now, it is not too expensive and works a treat :) Would you like to follow each other? If you decide to, please follow me and leave me a comment so that I can follow you right back :)

    Eleanor :) x

    http://dreamlovelivefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely need to try this since it is so praised in the blogging and youtube community!

    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get this in translucent too, I have to apply it daily now because like you I really noticed the difference, I recently hit the pan with mine so thank god superdrug were doing 3 for 2 :-p

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. You can also email me - glitterandcarousels@yahoo.co.uk. Don't be shy!