Monday 13 April 2015

Seventeen Stay Pout Lipstick in 'It's a Kiss Off'


 Seventeen seem to be catching my attention a lot lately, it's the first stand I dash over to as soon as I step foot in Boots which is partly down to how affordable their products are but also because every single product they release is right up my street.

The Seventeen Stay Pout lipsticks have been out for a while - years or so! and I actually own quite a few of them but today's post is dedicated to my newest baby, 'It's a Kiss Off''. The outer packaging looks pretty basic but what's inside is very special! 


I'm on a pink lipstick ban at the moment (apart from the one I bought today, oops) as I have enough to last me until I'm around 80 so I wanted to venture out and go for something a little bit different that might not be quite me, y'know, to mix it up and that. 'It's a Kiss Off' is a pinky red shade (I can't cut pink out completely!) with a frosty finish that has tiny bits of shimmer running through it. 


Upon swatching the product on the back of my hand, I liked it but when applied to my lips, I really liked it! I seem to be suffering with dry lips at the moment which makes some lipsticks I usually love look horrendous on me but I'm happy to say, the Stay Pout lipsticks contain Shea butter which not only doesn't enhance our dry lips but moisturises them too. 

The most exciting thing of all about 'It's a Kiss Off' is the staying power, I couldn't think of a more apt name than 'Stay Pout' as they literally last around 9 hours. After I'd eaten lunch my lipstick was exactly how I'd applied it that morning.  I noticed it starting to fade around 3pm but it's now 9.3opm and my lips are still stained which is just amazing. 

I'd go as far to say the Stay Pout lipsticks are better than MAC - I know it's a big claim but seriously, you need to snap one up for yourself at £4.49 so you can see what all the fuss is about! I really hope Seventeen release more shades with different finishes as there's currently only 15 in the collection that all have a slight frosty finish.

Boots currently have a 3 for 2 offer on all makeup so snap them up here whilst you can! Do you own any of the Stay Pout lipsticks?

8 comments:

  1. The shade is absolutely gorgeous, might just have to treat myself to this when in Boots this week! Great post :) x

    Jordan | Keep Dreaming ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lovely colour, suits you =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore that shade! I need it!!!!! (no Mollie, you already have over 30 lipsticks) I still need it though!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh what a unique shade! It looks lovely :)
    Megan x
    London Callings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of this, and looks amazing on you :) I have to agree it does definitely look better when applied and it looks like it pops more :) I like that they contain shea butter also - this does sound amazing and I need to try if they are better than MAC ;) Fab review!

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I gasped at how pretty this shade of lipstick is and it looks so beautiful on you! I definitely need to treat myself to one (or maybe even two) of these little beauties! I love Seventeen make-up, and my favourite lipstick is by them too!

    Keep smiling, lovely ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. You can also email me - glitterandcarousels@yahoo.co.uk. Don't be shy!