Saturday 18 April 2015

What's on my sister's face


HELLO! Today's post is all about my sister's face! For those of you who don't know, I have two sisters who both have completely different makeup styles and I thought it'd be really fun to feature what makeup they both love on my blog. I'll start by giving you a little makeup-y background on my 20 year old little sis Kirsten aka Kiki aka Kikz aka Rolo (funny story about this name but she'd kill me for writing it). Kirsten has the nicest, long eyelashes and I kind of want to rip them off in her sleep and steal them. Ok, that was too far but seriously, they're so amazing. She's not really one for colourful lips, it's all nudes and pale pinks with a statement eye and bold brows. It's funny because she barely used to wear makeup at all but now she's getting a bit obsessed like me! 

I asked Kiki for her honest review on all of the products she uses and I haven't edited her responses in any way.


Aloe BB Creme in 'Nude' - £36 

This BB cream is really good if you want a natural coverage throughout the day. I'd recommend it for a daily use but its not great for nights out when you want to feel dolled up.


W7 Make up and Glow Bronzing Base - £2.99 

This is a creamy bronzer that goes on easily and lasts through the day and it makes my skin feel soft.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Soft Colour Blush in '050 Live Pink' - £3.99

It's a beautiful shade of pink and it applies easily with minimal effort. I will definitely be repurchasing this.


'I Love Extreme' Essence Mascara - £2.80

This mascara is way better than any Rimmel one I've tried and it's half the price. I love the thick wand and it covers your lashes beautifully with only one or two coats.

Seventeen Super Lash Liner

I only bought this eyeliner as it was on sale for about £1.99, It's a Seventeen 'Super Lash Liner' It has a diagonal tip so you have to get it at the right angle for it to work but once you do, it goes on easily and pretty much without any mistakes.


Forever Living lipstick in 'Almond' - £16

This lipstick does cover well but the lasting power isn't great.  I haven't managed to find many lipsticks that have a great lasting power yet.  It feels lovely on my lips and I love the nude shade. 

LA Colours Auto lip Liner - £1

The Lip liner is a lesser known brand that's sold locally in my area, its a nude/brown shade that goes on well, again the lasting power isn't amazing but for £1 who can complain?!



I just want to say a massive thanks to Kirsten for letting me photograph her face and makeup and of course, for her reviews! Please follow her on instagram @kirstenh321! 

Have you tried any of these products? What do you think of Kirsten's makeup look? 

6 comments:

  1. She's gorgeous! I'm so jelly of her eyelashes! I really want to try the Essence mascara now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks lovely! I'm not sure my sisters would ever let me do this but I love the idea :) xx

    Love and Marmalade

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so so pretty! I love Rimmel blushes :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love her hair! I'd be interested to try out the Essence mascara. I love their lipglosses!

    http://beewritesx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. You can also email me - glitterandcarousels@yahoo.co.uk. Don't be shy!