Sunday 6 January 2013

Favourite Products of 2012



Hello lovelies, I hope you're all having a fantastic weekend.  I seem to be running behind on everything lately, my Christmas haul was late and ideally I would've liked to get this up at the beginning of the month but life and light just seemed to stand in my way.  Anyway, better late than never eh?!

2012, for me is a year where I've seemed to find SO many products that just suit me to a tee.  It's been terribly hard to narrow down lots of my loved products but I've came to the conclusion that these are my absolute faves.

Estée Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover - Oh my god, this foundation is literally like a miracle in a bottle.  It makes my skin look flawless, even, cakey (I like a cakey face) and lasts until I have to literally scrub it off my face.  I know there's been mixed reviews on this and it doesn't work for everyone but for me it's just incredible.

Sleek Contour Kit - I have to thank beautycrush for this one.  I was watching one of her videos where she used this and I couldn't believe the effect it gave.  I instantly had to have it.  I've used this daily and am not even anywhere near hitting pan.  I stupidly didn't swatch it here but you're probably all well aware of how it looks anyway.  I bought it for the contour but have found myself using the highlighter loads more lately.  It looks beautiful on the brow bone and swept across your cheeks.

Models Own Nail Varnish in 'Beth's Blue' and 'Ibiza Mix' - 2012 was the year where I discovered Models Own nail varnishes and I honestly don't think I will ever find a nail varnish brand that I love more.  Beth's Blue and Ibiza Mix are the nail varnishes I'd say that I've used the most this year and I'll be so upset when I run out of them.

St Moriz Self Tanning Mist in Dark - I would hate to know how many bottles of St Moriz I've been through in my life.  I've definitely tried the mousse, spray and lotion about 4 times each minimum, probably loads more.  The spray is my personally favourite just because I feel as though it's the darkest out of the three and lasts the longest.  I haven't found a fake tan to beat St Moriz yet.  I always end up with a flawless tan.  It's relatively long lasting - around 3-4 days and is only £2.99! BARGAIN!  The people who run St Moriz's twitter account also seem absolutely lovely too which just gives the brand that little extra.

Batiste Dry Shampoo in Blush - Is it normal that I panic whenever I run out of Batiste dry shampoo?! It is a little bit isn't it?  But you never know when you're going to wake up late for work when you planned on having a shower and just haven't got time eh?!  If you haven't guessed already, Dry Shampoo is a god send for me.  My hair gets so easily greasy which I hate but dry shampoo just makes me love my hair all of the time.

Soap and Glory's Hand Food - I was undecided between Hand Food and Heel Genius but then realised that Hand Food is something I use a lot more.  I don't go a day without smearing this all over my hands.  I currently own 4 bottles (a little excessive, I know) but I can't get enough of it.  Literally makes your hands feel like a baby's bum.  That sounded weird, and the Soap and Glory signature scent is also to die for. If you haven't tried it, what are you waiting for?!

Collection 2000 Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner - At first I couldn't stand this eyeliner whatsoever and left it in my makeup drawer until I ran out of my last little ridiculously priced Eyeko one.  I don't know what came over me but I decided to give it a go and I've never looked back.  It's everything I need in an eyeliner - long lasting, very black, has a sturdy tip to apply and is massively cheap (£2.99 I believe).  I am never going to stop repurchasing this.

Phew, that seemed like a ridiculously long post.  I hope it wasn't too much of a bore to read.  If you've done a post like this, feel free to leave it below for me to have a little gander!

Grace x



8 comments:

  1. I love the Sleek bronzer, I swear it is the best that I have ever used! I've just hit pan! Boo, need to repurchase x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. really?! how long were you using it for? can't believe I haven't hit pan yet! xx

      Delete
  2. I love st.moritz too and soap and glory hand food smells soooo good!
    Love the Beths Blue models own varnish, such a pretty colour! I haven't got a colour like that so I might give it a try! I love their nails varnishes!
    Really loving sleek at the moment so might give the contour kit a go too!

    Love posts like these, my list of things I want to try because of these posts is growing longer by the second!!! xxx

    http://xosarah-loves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always make sure I buy a ridiculous number of batiste cans when I can, as I ran out once before and I had work, and eww. Models Own is amazing quality for the money! I really want to try estee lauder double wear xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love S&G's Hand Food! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. St. Moritz and Ibiza Mix were in my 2012 faves too! Great blog, now following :)

    franleanne.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post! great products :)

    love char_beyy xxx

    http://charbeyy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent web site. A lot of helpful info here. I am sending it to
    a few friends ans also sharing in delicious. And of course, thank you
    in your effort!

    My web blog: Learn More

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. You can also email me - glitterandcarousels@yahoo.co.uk. Don't be shy!