Sunday 7 December 2014

Butter London Nail Polish in 'Champers'


A couple of months ago, I went on the hunt for a rose gold nail polish.  Ideally I would've liked a drug store offering but ended up purchasing Butter London's nail polish in 'Champers' purely for the fact that it looked stunning from the swatches online!

When it turned up, I was SO excited but was a little disappointed that it wasn't as rose gold as I'd hoped but more of a silver/champagne shade with flecks of metallic gold that shimmer in the light, nevertheless I applied it more or less straight away.  I applied three coats, waited for the polish to dry, tidied up a little bit and then went to bed.  I was actually quite impressed with the shade although I would've expected my nails to need two coats at most for the hefty price tag of £12!

The next morning, I inspected my nails in the daylight to find they were quite streaky - disappointing but I put this down to my application.  By lunchtime, the polish had chipped on most nails and it looked as though I'd been wearing the polish for a week, let alone barely 24 hours.

When I got home, my nails looked so horrendous that I just had to remove the polish straight away but to my dismay, the remnants of this Butter London bugger weren't going anywhere! Because of the metallic/foil finish, I think it makes it a lot harder to remove than any other polish I own. It's just so ironic that it chips instantly but takes forever to remove but oh well, you win some, you lose some!

I'd love to know what your experiences are with Butter London? I'm completely put off buying from them again but I'd be interested to know whether this was the case with all of their polishes?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog. You can also email me - glitterandcarousels@yahoo.co.uk. Don't be shy!