Thursday 4 December 2014

Real Techniques Nic's Picks Brush Set


I had originally thought about asking for the Nic's Picks Brush Set for Christmas until I saw they were on offer in Superdrug at a bargainous £20! I was worried that they were going to be a complete sell out so I snapped them up almost immediately.  I do have quite a few of the Real Tecniques brushes but surprisingly none in this set.  I love that you get three exclusives too which just made me want the brushes even more if I'm honest!

I've been using the cheek brush to apply my foundation even though it's meant to be used for blush/bronzer.  I just find that it applies really evenly, it's definitely my favourite Real Techniques brush so far.  I'm not entirely sure on how I feel about the duo fiber face brush. I don't like that it's so fluffy and soft, I feel as though I don't get any product on my face which is a shame as I know a lot of people go crazy for the duo fiber brush.  

The eyeliner brush is great for applying eyeshadow just below your lower lash line and as it's very firm making it easy to control unlike a few other eyeliner brushes I've tried! I find the eyeshadow brushes a little too big for my liking! I'd prefer them if they were just a smidgen smaller but they are ok I suppose!

The main thing that attracted me to the brush set was the gorgeous silver handles. They look so luxe compared to the usual coloured Real Techniques brushes.  I love how all the brushes in the range have the names on their handle too as I do sometimes forget which each is for (bad blogger!). 

Is the Nic's Picks Brush Set on your Christmas list this year?

2 comments:

  1. I love the look of these brushes and what a bargain!!
    I am so tempted to buy this set too.
    xxx
    http://labeau.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. You can also email me - glitterandcarousels@yahoo.co.uk. Don't be shy!