Monday 17 November 2014

Maybelline Colour Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencil in 'Love My Pink'



 It's no secret that I am a sucker for a pink lip.  I'd seen a fair few tweets raving about the Maybelline Colour Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencils so of course, I needed to see what all the fuss was about!

I keep telling myself that if I'm going to buy more lipsticks, I need to pick more autumnal shades but before I knew it, I was at the checkout clutching the brightest pink in the collection - 'Love My Pink'.

A lot of people have likened these Maybelline offerings to the Nars Lip Velvet Pencils but since I don't own a single Nars product, I'll stick to describing the Maybelline product itself. First things first (hands up if you automatically thought sang 'I'm the realest' after that), I love the lightweight, sleek packaging.  Black, white with just the colour of the lipstick - minimal, informative and just the way I like it. The pencils aren't too chunky which are great for throwing in your handbag when you haven't had time to apply a lippy!

I can't stand the consistency of lip liners so I was a little apprehensive as to how the product would apply but I had no reason to be worried as they're actually quite a creamy consistency.  They do tug a teeny bot but nowhere near as much as lip liners do.  I really like the way 'Love My Pink' feels on my lips but I can imagine that if you've got dry lips, the product may cling to the dry patches so make sure you apply lots of lip balm before hand!

The colour does fade a little after eating and drinking but I doubt that'd be noticeable to anyone else.  I'd say the lip pencil lasts a good four hours which is pretty impressive for it's minuscule £4.99 price tag!

Have you tried the Maybelline Colour Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencils yet? They're currently 3 for 2 here at the moment if you fancy a little early Christmas present to yourself? ;)



2 comments:

  1. I need this lip pencil in my life! What a gorgeous shade of pink! x

    LittleGlitter.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pencils but hadn't spotted this shade yet - it's beautiful! x

    Charlotte / coloursandcarousels

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. You can also email me - glitterandcarousels@yahoo.co.uk. Don't be shy!