Wednesday 31 October 2012

We all look for heaven and we put our love first


Firstly,  Happy Halloween!

 Can you believe its like Halloween already?  This year is absolutely flying.  It's practically Christmas but I can't talk about that because I'll get too excited!  Hope you all have a fantastic halloween anyway.  I'm just staying in because I'm reallllly boring.





Anyway, on with the post, I thought I'd blog about two of the Kate Moss collection lipsticks I've recently bought that have taken over the blogger community by storm.  I saw on a blog (that i can't remember now, sorry!) that the Kate Moss lipsticks were on offer at Asda for £4.  Since I live relatively close to an Asda I thought I'd definitely have to pop in and pick one up.  I'd had my eye on 107 - from the new Kate Moss Matte Collection and without swatching it, I swooped it up and headed to the checkout.  In the car on the way home, I swatched it on my hand and instantly fell in love.  It's such an on-trend, perfect plum, matte colour.  When I actually put it on my lips, I was quite disappointed.  I love love love the lipstick but I just don't think it suits me.  I'm a bit scared of it actually, it's just so bold.  I'm hoping I can grow to love how it looks on me as I really don't want to waste it.

08 (I hate the numbers - why can't they have names?!) was a treat off my boyfriend actually.  We were getting some lunch in Tesco when he threw this in the basket.  Again, the lipstick was £4 and I actually think they're still on offer at the moment if you fancy grabbing yourself a little treat!  I'm trying to get more in to nudey-ish lipsticks for the winter as i'm usually a pink lipstick enthusiast.  I can't really explain this colour, it's like nude but a little bit pink.  It looks so much nicer on the lips and with a dark smokey eye, it looks amazing.  I'm shocked that I like this so much to be honest,  I didn't think I'd ever find a lipstick colour I liked more than pink.

I'm now off to Boots to swatch lots of lipsticks and possibly buy things that I shouldn't.

Grace x



7 comments:

  1. Ohh i love these shades! :D

    http://georgialouisee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 107 too, I love it :)
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed time is flying.. :)

    Both shades look great! Maybe you could mix a bit of both - that’s what I do when I really want to try something new. You can apply 08 in the normal way you wear lipstick & then dab a little of 107 on top of it to tone it up, making it fresh. I usually use my ring finger for dabbing. :)

    I purchased Clarins 704 at Dubai airport since I was travelling by Emirates & loved the different shades of Reds the airhostesses were wearing. It was a suggestion of one of the airhostesses. Now this is such a bold shade of red but I can’t resist wearing it so I dab it on top of another lipstick to tone it down a little.

    Let me know how it turns out on you. :)

    Sarah
    prettygloss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh I've been meaning to pick one of these up, the range looks so nice!

    - ordaining serendipity

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both these shades - I've got an obsession with the kate moss shades, i really want shade 101 which is a nudey shade one,

    I currently have the red and its gorrrgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 107 is sold out everywhere near me :( x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. You can also email me - glitterandcarousels@yahoo.co.uk. Don't be shy!