Sunday 7 October 2012

Current Favourites


Hello lovelies!

I thought i'd have a bash at doing a favourites post today, I've refrained from using the word 'monthly' because I'm such a unreliable blogger and can't promise that these will be a monthly addition to my blog but i'm going to try!  These are products that I've been loving over the past month/couple of weeks. 


Paco Rabanne Lady Million - £38.75  - I'll start by saying this has to be one of my favourite perfumes of all time.  I can't explain the scent very well but it's just sort of floral and musky.  It's staying power is crazy though, I can smell it on my clothes, pillow, all day long. Mental.  I'm not one to usually repurchase perfumes but since i'm halfway through this already and I can't bear life without it, i'll definitely be purchasing this again, or at least putting it on a Christmas wish list ;)

Models Own Raspberry Crush - £5.00 - If you don't know already, I am THE biggest fan of Models Own.  This is a nail polish i've been loving recently.  One coat of this little beauty is fine but I prefer two just to make sure.  It sort of reminds me of a slightly lighter Barry M's raspberry.  It's like the perfect colour for the summer/autumn transition.


Backcombing Brush - £1.00  - I purchased this for Primark for a pound and wasn't expecting it to be anything more than okay but I have really grown to love it.  I think it's a rip off of this Denman version in fact, it's pretty identical.  I hate using backcomb powders on my hair as it makes my hair really stiff and hard to manage so this does the trick beautifully.

Eyebrow Lifter & Filler - £3.75 - Usually anything I put on my eyebrows makes me look like an actual laughing stock.  I dream of having HD Brows but to be honest, I think they would look ridiculous on me.  This is so so subtle and well, I just think it was made especially for me.  I don't usually use the Lifter though as I can't find a way to make it look okay.  If anybody has any suggestions, let me know pretty please!


Purity Makeup Remover £4.99 * - I actually got this sent to me by Purity a while ago.  This is an absolute dream at removing makeup.  It even budges my Estee Lauder Maximum Double Wear, water can't even do that!  I have a few more Purity products that I'm going to be reviewing soon but this one is just a favourite so far.

Carmex Lip Balm £3.85 - My lips have been a nightmare for the past couple of weeks.  I'm convinced I'm developing a cold but I've been saying that for the past month.  Carmex makes your lips slightly tingly at first but also restores moisture within a couple of minutes.  If you haven't tried it before, I can't recommend it enough. It smells a little bit like cocoa butter (?).

MUA Undressed Palette £3.00  - Saving the best til last!  Firstly I would like to apologise about how much of a state this palette is actually in.  I used it on a night out last weekend for my little sister's birthday and my little brother actually had a little play around with it (boohoo).  I've heard a few cheeky rumours that this is similar to the Naked Palette.  All I can say is that I absolutely love every shade in this palette and the eyeshadows are pigmented beyond belief.  If you haven't got this already, get it.   You need it in your life, promise.

Hope you all enjoyed this post and are having lovely Sundays.  What's your favourite product at the moment?

Grace x








15 comments:

  1. Looking at it the palette is extremely close! I have the naked palette but for £4 I might just pick up the Mua just to compare lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the Paco Rabanne, it smells delicious! xx



    Http://2wanderlust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh i want to try your backcombing brush, i need one! the eyebrow pencil also looks good! :) xx

    www.ohabbiee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love carmex!always rescues my lips from winter.& I really need that palette,got the naked one but this is sooo cheap x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so want to try the lady million perfume! I've heard so many raves about it, but I never go to try it out! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got this perfume to review!! Glad you like it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love that Lady Million perfume, my housemate has it and its so yummy!!! :)

    www.clashingtime.blogspot.com <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this haul! I use that Primark back combing brush to death, so handy for making buns with. I'm going to try the brow pencil and palette, i don't usually go for drug store make up but if they're as good as you say it may be worth it since im trying to save the pennys and MAC brow pencils simply do not last x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had one of those brushes and have no idea where it went...... anyway, I want that palette! I have Lady Million too & it's fab. When I washed all my winter jumpers there a few weeks ago I put a teeny drop in with the fabric softener and now they all smell million-y :) (Not recommended if washing for men).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. putting perfume in with the fabric softener is such an amazing idea! i'm going to do it. i'll wash my boyfriends clothes in it too though haha. xx

      Delete
  10. I need to get myself one of those backcombing brushes! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the MUA palettes. Have you tried the Starry Night one? It's lovely.

    Just found your blog, I'm a new follower x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! i have starry night and I absolutely love it. I've got tons of MUA palettes. I reckon this one is my favourite so far though. xx

      Delete
  12. love the red nail polish and these neutral eyeshadow colours are very nice!
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. i haven't tried any sleek palettes :( i've been living under a rock! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. You can also email me - glitterandcarousels@yahoo.co.uk. Don't be shy!