Sunday 12 October 2014

Beyonce Pulse Eau de Parfum


Celebrity fragrances can be very hit and miss and are something I usually tend to shy away from.  That said, when making an order from Fragrance Direct a couple of weeks ago, I was intrigued by Beyonce Pulse. I'd be telling fibs I said it wasn't the bargain price tag of £12.99 that didn't initially draw me in but I just thought the bottle looked so interesting and totally different to any other perfume I've bought before.

I received another perfume of Queen Bey's - 'Heat' for my birthday a couple of years ago and wasn't that blown away with it so my expectations weren't too high for Pulse but I must say that fragrance wise, this is way better than I expected!  

At first, Pulse is a sweet sickly scent which instantly reminds me of Britney Spears 'Fantasy'. Once settled on your skin, the candy scent is still present but is overpowered with a fresh fruity orange scent which I absolutely love. If you're not a fan of the Britney Spears perfumes then this one definitely wouldn't be for you as it is very sweet. From the design/colour of the bottle, I thought Pulse would be more sexy and more of an 'adult' scent but that teaches me not to judge a book by it's cover!

The bottle IS interesting but totally unnecessary. The metallic looking bulky plastic lid/holder makes carrying the perfume around in your bag a living nightmare and I just don't like the fact that my perfume is upside down. It makes me scared that it's going to leak! 

Pulse is definitely more of an everyday perfume that you will need to spray throughout the day as unfortunately the scent wears off after around 3 hours - boo! Saying that, it is a celebrity perfume and did only cost me £12.99 so realistically, I should be happy that it lasts that long!

Have you tried Pulse or any of the other Beyonce perfumes?  

Grace x 

5 comments:

  1. I really love Fantasy but sometimes it's a little too much, so I'd be tempted to try this instead xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab review! I have never tried any of beyonce's fragrances.

    zaras-bowsandpearls.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried her perfume before! I didn't know she had more than one!

    xo T.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. You can also email me - glitterandcarousels@yahoo.co.uk. Don't be shy!