Sunday 11 November 2012

Empties #1


I haven't actually ever done an empties post before and after reading loads, I thought I'd give it a go.  These are all products that I used up in October.  I'm going to aim to post these monthly.

Nivea Double Effect Deodorant - This is the best deodorant I've ever tried.  The scent is so delightfully girly, doesn't sting and I can smell this all day when I'm wearing it.
Repurchase? Of course!

Batiste Dry Shampoo - This is one Batiste Shampoo that I always go back to.  I just adore the cherry scent.  I feel as though I go through dry shampoo so quickly though.  Does anybody else find this?
Repurchase? Already have.

Herbal Essences Shampoo - I'm not too fussed on shampoos and haven't really got a lot to say on this one.  I just think they all do the same job and I'll just buy what's on offer at the time.  I think it's the conditioner that makes the difference to your hair.
Repurchase? If it's on offer, yes :)

Estée Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover Foundation - One thing I am forever looking for, is alternatives to this pricey £27.50 god of a foundation.  It's flawless, long lasting, looks amazing and is just my absolute fave.
Repurchase?  I have to,  I can't live without it.

Laurens Way Self Tanning Bronzing Mousse - I actually won this on the lovely Natalie's blog giveaway ages ago and have only just used it all up.  I was sad to see this go as this made a nice change to my usual St Moriz tan.  It's quite orange if i'm honest and not as dark as I'd like but it is long lasting and if you use two coats, it's perfect.
Repurchase? Probably not.

Natural Collection Pink Cloud Blusher - I wish there was a bit left in this so you could at least see the colour, sorry!  This is a lovely light pink colour that looks gorgeous on both tanned and pale skin tones.  It's very matte and it does look a bit OTT if you apply to much but a light sweep is gorgeous. For only £1.99 it's such a bargain too!
Repurchase? Yes

Twist and Out Nail Polish Remover - When I first bought this, I couldn't fault it but after a couple of uses I found that the scent was revolting.  Literally made me feel like I was going to choke.  The sponge eventually broke up too and clung to my nails like you wouldn't believe.  I did pay 79p for it and I know that it wasn't going to be amazing but I expected a little more from it.
Repurchase?  NO.

Johnsons Baby Wipes - I bought these as I was at my Mum's house for the weekend and forgot my face wipes.  I actually really like using baby wipes on my skin, they're just gentle and smell nice.  I'm glad that I've finished them though, I much prefer using wipes specifically for removing makeup.
Repurchase? No.

I hope this post wasn't too boring, let me know if you enjoyed it!

Grace x

22 comments:

  1. Well done on finishing up all these products! I'm currently trying to use up a number of my makeup products and it's proving to be quite difficult! :D xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is difficult. When it's something I don't want to run out of, it makes me so sad though! haha. xx

      Delete
  2. I love finishing up products!! It has reminded me to buy some baby wipes :)
    LaceyLoves x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I can't believe you emptied that many :P haha, I can never seem to empty anything! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Me neither, I'm shocked at how quickly I do use things up! xx

      Delete
  4. I love using up products, but I'm such a savvy spender at the same time!
    Batiste Cherry is one of my favourite batistes, but I go through them so quickly too!
    & I was planning on getting that polish remover once mine was finished so I'm glad I read this!

    Just found your blog and it's lovely!

    http://www.danielleyc.com/ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely know how you feel. Sometimes I just wish products could last forever. Definitely steer clear from the nail varnish remover, it's horrendous! I've just followed you back, your blog is so so pretty! xx

      Delete
  5. I'll try out Nivea Double Effect Deodorant next time I come across it & share my views too. :) I personally Like Nivea. Its an economical brand with really good products.

    Pls tell me about the Johnsons Baby Wipes. I'm currently using The Body Shops Vitamin E Gentle Cleansing Wipes which work great but I need something more economical for regular use without compromising on the quality. Do these take make up off completely? Should I give it a try?

    Sarah
    prettygloss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They won't be as good as the body shop ones but they are really kind to your skin. They don't take off your makeup too easily though just because they're so gentle. I would give them a go by all means, they're pretty cheap and are sometimes on offer! xx

      Delete
  6. love your empties!! the herbal essences' shampoos smell AMAZING which is basically why i buy them xD xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it actually does! i've only tried this one from the herbal essences range! I'll have to smell some more! haha xx

      Delete
  7. ooh i may have to try the estee concealer!

    naomijadex5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can never get my hands on the Cherry Batiste. It's always sold out in my local Boots but I love the Tropical version.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello :-))) I like your blog! Maybe we can follow to each other? Let me know :-)
    http://ilmiopiccolomondo-88.blogspot.it

    kisses, Andrea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never actually bought anything from Natural Collection but I've only heard good things about them. I reckon a sneaky purchase is in order.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh. I really want to try the foundation. Perhaps it's one to ask for for Christmas. :)

    www.lifeasadaydreamer.blogspot.com

    -Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love ester lauder double wear

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely did enjoy the post and of course it wasn't boring. You have a lovely blog! I would love it if you came to check out my blog and if you like it maybe vote for me to win the Curvy Blog Award 2012, there are links in each of my post and I'm number 133 in the list.


    Aimee
    www.new-yorkdoll.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. UFS mining shelters include
    the Rapid-Span, Supa-Span, and Alu-Span range of products, these
    structures are all easily disassembled and cartable
    making them excellent for interim facilities with resale options.
    This running water will in fact speed up your removal of the water and with a simple flip of the valve can add water to
    the fish tank. If you choose an activity that the both of you enjoyed together, this
    will aid remind your ex of how pleasurable it was spending time with you,
    bring back the good days.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dont let the packaging fool you into buying something that may damage your hair.
    It can also be left in the hair as a conditioner
    but it may be hard to explain the tomatoes.
    It soothes scalp region and make hair dark and lustrous.

    Since ages coconut oil has been used for curing skin as well as hair problems as it has anti fungal and anti bacterial properties.
    Indeed, nourishing and conditioning the scalp using aromatherapy oils is one of the most basic
    and simplest ways to prevent further hair loss and stimulate healthier hair regrowth.


    My web site; how to grow hair faster

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. You can also email me - glitterandcarousels@yahoo.co.uk. Don't be shy!