Monday 12 November 2012

Denman team up with local artist AnarKitty


I remember being around fifteen one Christmas and receiving a Denman brush in my stocking from my Mum.  When I unwrapped it my Mum told me that Denman made the best brushes and this has stuck with me since.  I regularly purchase Denman brushes, in fact, my beloved D83 Large paddle brush has replaced my tangle teezer - something I thought would never be possible.  When Denman contacted me and asked me if I'd like to review one of their latest brushes, I couldn't possibly pass on the chance. 

Denman International have teamed up with a local Bangor artist, Emma Geary AKA 'AnarKitty' to create a Special Edition design for the famous Denman D3 brush.  Admittedly, until I received this brush I had never heard of AnarKitty.  A quick visit to http://www.anarkitty.co.uk/ supplied me with everything I needed to know.  AnarKitty's style focuses on strong and individual women in today's culture but gives them a feminine twist.  All of her work is signed with her initials 'AK'.  

Denman were looking for stylish artwork that was completely original and unique for their Denman D3 brush and thus discovered AnarKitty and felt that her vision fitted in with the brand image.  If you look at the extremely stylish illustration, you'll see that the famous Denman 'crown' is being worn by 'Sassy', she's also sporting the famous asymmetrical bob hairstyle and the Rococo swirl design is printed on her dress.  Something really special about this 'Sassy' brush is that it's a tribute to the late Vidal Sassoon.

Now i've given you a bit of history about the brush and shown you it's general prettiness, let's see what I think of it.  I've never had this particular style of Denman brush before so was thrilled to receive it.  It's  illustration just makes me want to use it as an ornament, it's too pretty to be used!  I did eventually decide that that would be silly of me!  The brush is sturdy, well made and I can't see any of the nylon pins breaking any time soon! (something that always happens to me).  The rubber pad is perfect for general styling and smoothing hair.  

I think this would make a lovely stocking filler for a loved one.  It's better than just receiving a brush as it's got the sentiment of the illustration behind it.  It'd be perfect for the girl who has everything. 

Visit http://www.denmanbrush.com/ to view the whole range of Denman brushes - there's a three for two offer on at the moment so snatch it while you can!

Grace x

6 comments:

  1. I've previously never given a second thought to what brush I use but I better get my bum out and buy a new one after reading this.

    http://arrceebee.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, i use denman too! always have always will. you're so lucky getting to roadtest their newbies!
    i love the special edition designs too.
    thank you for letting us know about the offer they have on, i'l definitely be taking advantage of this!
    i love your blog too and i've had a scroll through and decided to follow; one of my new favourite blogs!
    i love how your personality really comes through, you seem so lovely.
    please pop over and say hello, i'd love to chat more.
    hope to hear from you soon,
    laura xx
    http://ilikecrayonsxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for commenting on my blog lovely! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quality posts is the secret to invite the visitors to pay a quick visit the web page, that's what this site is providing.

    Review my web-site ... vigrx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm gone to convey my little brother, that he should also go to see this weblog on regular basis to take updated from most recent gossip.

    Here is my blog post :: Michael Kors Handbags

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. You can also email me - glitterandcarousels@yahoo.co.uk. Don't be shy!