Friday 4 July 2014

Samples, samples, samples!


I came across a huge box of samples whilst tidying my bedroom last weekend that I'd completely forgotten about.  I promised myself that I'd try to use at least five a week but I didn't realise how much I'd want to buy the full sized product of everything! AAAH! 

I'll give you a little summary of the samples I've used this week:

Estee Lauder Perfectly Clean Fresh Balancing Lotion

Would you buy the full sized product? Definitely not.

I used a cotton pad to pat this on to my skin after cleansing.  My initial thought was 'this is going to sting' due to the alcoholic, almost chemical scent.  It didn't sting as such but it did leave my face looking quite red which really alarmed me since I don't have sensitive skin at all. The product has actually been discontinued and to be honest, I'm not surprised!

Colgate Max White One Toothpaste

Would you buy the full sized product? I already have! 

You won't notice a difference in your teeth by solely using this mini tube but after using the full sized product, I did notice that my teeth looked whiter after a 3/4 weeks. Not much else to say really. If it makes your teeth whiter, it's a winner for me.

Purity One Step Cleanser

Would you buy the full sized product? No.

I want a cleanser to smell fresh, to wake me up, just to genuinely make my skin feel clean. This is the total opposite to everything I want. The worst thing is the scent - it smells stale! I didn't feel like my skin was any cleaner after using this a couple of times so I've given up. 

Rihanna Reb'l Fleur Eau de Parfum

Would you buy the full sized product? ERM, YES! 

I'm so thankful I found this little sample as I ran out of my Rihanna perfume a couple of weeks ago. For a celebrity perfume, this is so long lasting and smells absolutely delicious. You totally wouldn't think it was a Rihanna scent!

L'oreal Ever Riche Shampoo

Would you buy the full sized product? Probably. 

I really can't say what I thought about the shampoo as there wasn't nearly enough in the packet to cover all of my hair. It lathered nicely and sort of smelt like coconuts! I'm really bad at describing scents though.

That's my samples for this week! Are you a sample hoarder?!


2 comments:

  1. I love the Rihanna perfume! It's such a gorgeous scent. That's a bit worrying about the Estee Lauder lotion.. glad it was discontinued! I really have to try samples more often instead of going straight to the full sized version.

    The Sunday Chapter
    Angela xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The L'Oreal EverRiche is a really nice shampoo and conditioner! You should definitely try them out, and you can usually grab them on offer too. I love their sulphate free range.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. You can also email me - glitterandcarousels@yahoo.co.uk. Don't be shy!