Wednesday 20 January 2016

Seventeen Define and Conquer Contour Kit Review


It's been forever since I posted a beauty review which is odd since I talk about makeup 80% of the time.  I came across photos of the Seventeen Define & Conquer Contour Kit when browsing through some forgotten folders and I genuinely cannot believe I haven't already blogged about this little beauty gem!


If you've read my blog for a while, you'll know that I'm a massive fan of Seventeen. Every single product I've tried from the brand has ended up as a makeup staple and since i'm a contour enthusiast I needed this nifty little kit in my life.

I particularly like the packaging - it's sturdy, black, photogenic and small enough to pop in your makeup bag.  The kit comes in either fair or medium. In hindsight, I kind of wish I'd bought the medium one as I fake tan quite a lot so it'd probably be more effective. However, at the time of purchase I was reppin' the pale gal look so I shouldn't moan too much. The kit contains a highlighter and contour which are both SHIMMER free. It's so difficult to find both highlight and contour shades that are completely matte so well done Seventeen, you complete babes.


As you can see, both the highlighter and contour are quite subtle which means you can layer to your hearts content until you reach your desired shade and you won't look cakey - massive plus point!  The kit is perfect for those just starting out with contour and for it's teeny £5.99 price tag, even if you decide it's not for you, it won't break the bank.  Try it, I dare ya.

6 comments:

  1. Love this post Grace! You've persuaded me to give this gorgeous contour palette/kit a try! It looks so subtle but as you say, layering it up will give a bolder contour! Great post Grace! xoxo

    Mollie from www.theperksofmolliequirk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so lovely, I wish they did one in a darker shade as I don't think that contour shade would show up on my skin.

    Kiran | www.alittlekiran.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this palette for a drugstore product, definitely worth picking up at that price! It's great for contour beginners before buying a high end palette :)

    Just Little Things xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard such great things about Seventeen products - especially considering how low the prices are. I'll definitely have to pick something up form myself soon.
    x

    Small&Blonde♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been looking for something like this for a while and the price is great, definitely going to keep my eye out for it when I'm next out shopping! x

    www.lifeinthefashionlanee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. You can also email me - glitterandcarousels@yahoo.co.uk. Don't be shy!