Tuesday 17 July 2012

Lay with me, I'll lay with you.

I'VE GOT MY BLOGGING MOJO BACK! YAY!  After finally losing it for so long, I am thrilled to pieces to have it back and now just find myself wanting to blog constantly. 

I recently went to London for a couple of days with my boyfriend for his birthday.  I say recently, it was actually 29th June!  We had a fantastic time and stayed in such a gorgeous hotel but I decided to wear my new vans since we were doing lots of walking.  I thought i'd cheekily selected the comfy option but my heels decided to bless me with beautiful blisters (if you could sense sarcasm through blogs, you should sense it now).  Luckily I managed to acquire a plaster though and changed in to my comfy flip flops!



It's been a massive dream of mine to go on an open top tour bus, i've always wanted to go on one but people i've been with at the time have always thought it was ridiculous!  It was actually such a nice experience.  The weather was stupidly warm, it always seems to be in London though so it was nice to be on an open top bus with the wind in your hair, making it all knotty.


We had dinner on Friday night at a place called 'Rainforest Cafe'.  I'd never heard of it before and from the outside I was reluctant to go in as I thought it looked jam packed.  Once we got in though, I loved it!  If any of you have been there before, you'll know how great it is.  I don't recommend going with a headache though because the moving animals and occasional loud thunderstorms might be a bit of a problem ;)  The food was delicious, we even shared a pudding too cause well, you've got to really haven't you!


I wanted to buy all of these little beauties on the spot!  I actually love cute teddies!  N'AWWWW!


After a frightful tube ride, we arrived at our hotel.  We stayed in the Raddison,  we could see the millennium dome from our window.  I don't know why but there's something about tubes that make me feel really panicky!  I guess I'm just not used to the hustle and bustle of London Town.  Our hotel was out of this world and I swear the bed was the comfiest bed ever, I might have just been extremely tired though.  


After an hour and a half of pleasant queuing, we were finally admitted in to Madame Tussauds.  It was overly busy and you literally couldn't move.  It made the experience a lot less fun for me but nevertheless I still got a few cheeky snaps!  Some of the waxworks were out of this world, especially the Amy Winehouse one.  I wonder how long it takes to make a waxwork?!

We were so tired after our two days in London and were happy to get on the coach for a lovely little ride back to Norwich.  We both had a great time though!  I couldn't see myself living in London, it's just SO busy.  How do you Londoners cope?!

Grace x

12 comments:

  1. I love the rainforset cafe, I went there recently :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's great! it's like nowhere i've ever been before. genuinely feels like you're in a rainforest! xx

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had a wonderful time! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great time! I haven't been to London in so long. The rainforest cafe looks amazing, I want to go! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Rainforest Cafe, haven't been in forever xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rainforest Cafe! Now that takes me back - we went there for a birthday meal when I was 10 and I've never made it back since. My child-brain remembers it being a place of miracles and awesomeness, maybe I'll have to venture back now I'm headed to London! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  6. your blog looks amazing! would really appreciate some support..ive just started my blog so any advice would be lovely :) http://www.allthatisprettyx.blogspot.co.uk/

    lots of love avz xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look like you had an amazing time!

    I'm moving to LDN this weekend I'd love to go to Madame Tussauds... i bet it'll be super busy with the olympics being on though.

    LOVE your blog hun.

    Sheree x

    @shereemilli

    www.glitzngrime.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice!
    i follow you on bloglovin,
    follow me back? xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loveee the rainforest cafe!! lovely pics xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your pictures, looks like you had a wonderful time. :D Haha, I live in London and it can be very hectic at times. :P

    Vanese
    http://vanzthemachinee.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, Neat post. There's an issue with your site in web explorer, would test this? IE still is the marketplace leader and a good element of people will leave out your magnificent writing because of this problem.
    Also visit my webpage ; bodog news

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. You can also email me - glitterandcarousels@yahoo.co.uk. Don't be shy!