Saturday 16 November 2013

Soap and Glory Girl-o-Whirl

 Hi lovelies! As soon as I saw that Boots' star gift of the week was Soap and Glory's Girl-o-Whirl, I knew I had to have it.  For those of you who aren't aware, this cosmetic kit is currently on offer for £19 for one week only.  It's usually £40 so grab it here whilst you still can!

The kit contains 6 lid stuff eyeshadows, Soap and Glory's best selling thick and fast mascara, a sexy mother pucker gloss stick, glow all out face powder, solar powder bronzer, 6 supercolourfabulipsticks, an eyeshadow brush, powder brush and a lip brush. 

From left to right; Vanilla, Wild Blue, Black Gold, Minky, Dandy Plum and Smokin'.

From left to right; Naked Beige, Guava Rama, Red my Lips, Missing Pink, Perfect Day and Man Trap.
 
 
I am a huge fan of Soap and Glory bath/skincare products and had only ever tried the thick and fast mascara before purchasing this gift set.  My expectations were so high for this kit but unfortunately, it definitely has not met them.

Firstly, I had to swatch the lighter eyeshadows about 3 times for them to actually show up on my hand. I do think Dandy Plum is absolutely gorgeous though and I can already sense that I'll be wearing it a lot over the festive period. 

I'm not all that impressed with the colour range for the lipsticks, I'd have loved a bright pink in there somewhere!  My heart sank a little when I swatched these too, they're really not all that pigmented.  If I'd have purchased one of the full sized lipsticks for £9 a pop, I wouldn't have been a happy bunny!

 Funnily enough, Solar Powder and Glow All Out haven't impressed me whatsoever. As you can see, the pigmentation, again, is next to nothing. They are basically glorified talc. 

I'm not too put out as I bought this with my advantage card points so it was practically free.  I just feel so disheartened when quite expensive brands aren't as good as the likes of MUA who manage to pull off amazingly good EVERYTHING for such a cheap price!

I'd love to know how you've all got on with this kit or other Soap and Glory cosmetics.  I feel sad that I don't love the kit because I really wanted it to be my new favourite thing. 

Grace x


15 comments:

  1. i got the kimberely walsh scrub from a shop called Savers. Glad i saw this review - i really wanted to buy it - but if its not that great no point x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's sad! As a rule I generally tend to avoid makeup kits- they remind me too much of ones I had when I was younger that always used to disappoint for all the reasons you mentioned. But for Soap and Glory this is actually quite sad! Especially with their price range :/

    Asmaa || http://juustpeachy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean! I have flashbacks of getting those metal carry cases for Christmas filled with cheap, useless makeup! Haha. I know, I'm shocked at it really. I really wanted to love it! xxx

      Delete
  3. This is so disappointing! I was going to get this from my boyfriend as a Christmas present but decided not to as a lot of the shadows are similar to those in a set I got last year. I have Glow All Out on it's own & it's really pigmented - maybe the formulas are slightly different to the set ones? x

    Jordan-Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah really?! Maybe they are slightly different in this set then?! I'm going to swatch Glow All Out next time I'm in Boots :) xxx

      Delete
  4. How disappointing. I'm yet to try some soap & glory makeup products but I defo won't be now getting this set. Thanks for the heads up huni.
    Maybe Its Megan Leigh xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for the swatches. always wanted to try their products b/c of the cute packaging.
    xx http://www.1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad I didn't get this in the end! I was put off because you have to keep a huge box to be able to use the products (if you know what I mean) too Xx

    thriftyskies | beauty and trends ♡

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the fact that Boots are doing this, I got the Ted Baker one last week!
    That's such a shame that you were disappointed with this one though.

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. This set sounds so disappointing! What do you think of the gloss sticks? I saw them in the catalogue and was tempted to pick them up. I've only ever tried Glow It All Out out of the products in this set and wasn't all that impressed either xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg I'm so jealous of this, I LOVE S&G! shame you didn't like, have to admit I'm not keen on some of the eyeshadow colours :(

    http://www.britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never tried anything from them but I think I might have to now!
    This is a really great post :)

    Kendra
    xx

    Blog: Stolen Inspiration
    Instagram: KendraAlexandra
    Facebook: StolenInspiration

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very interesting blog, I like it. I wanted to invite you on my blog. If you want, I can add to your watchlist.

    http://fotofashionfeelings.blogspot.ro/

    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fotofashionfeelings/544500558969009?fref=ts

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. You can also email me - glitterandcarousels@yahoo.co.uk. Don't be shy!