Thursday 12 September 2013

Technic Highlights vs. Benefit High Beam



Until last Summer, the thought of a highlighter made me shudder.  I could just imagine myself putting too much on and ending up with the greasiest looking face ever.  Thankfully, since I got a little sample of Benefit's High Beam with an issue of Glamour Magazine, highlighters have been a staple product in my daily make up routine.  

I spotted Technic Highlights in Bodycare for £1.99 a couple of weeks ago and noticed that it looked pretty much an identical dupe for the Benefit beauty we know and love.  Bearing in mind how much I love High Beam, I snatched it off the shelf before I even had a minute to decide whether I really needed it or not.

On comparison, you can clearly see that the bottles are practically spitting images of each other.  Naughty Technics! High Beam is slightly more pink based and has a little bit more of a thicker consistency to it.  You can also see from the swatches above that it blends a lot more naturally than the Technics version. 

With a price difference of over £17, I think this is possibly one of the best dupes I've ever seen.  Even the staying power lasts just as long as High Beam.  I guess if I wanted to be really picky, I could say that the Highlights brush is quite sparse and doesn't seem to pack on as much product as it's competitor but for £1.99 I wouldn't dream of complaining about it!

If you can't get to a Bodycare then you can find this delightful dupe on ebay here for a barganious price of £2.75. What are you waiting for?!

Grace x



16 comments:

  1. It's an amazing dupe - I actually prefer the Technics version, I own both.. it looks a lot more natural on the skin, but I couldn't tell the difference if someone asked me to choose which was which :D xx

    Gem │ ♥ │ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  2. great review! I think I'll be going with the cheaper version! x

    www.article21.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what an amazing dupe. I love my High Beam, but its good to know that theres something similar for much cheaper! :)

    Now following xx
    http://bigbeautybag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for following. I know! It really is a great dupe. xxx

      Delete
  4. it looks a lot like the high bean one blends a lot better ... I can't believe the price difference is so huge! thanks for the ebay link, I love your blog, you've gained yourself a follower!! Down Rabbit Holes ♣♠♦♥ x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks a lot for following :) I can't believe the difference in price either :) xxx

      Delete
  5. Wow looks like an amazing dupe! I've always wanted to try high beam but it's not the most budget friendly highlighter so will definitely be giving the dupe a try! Thanks for the lovely read and money saver! x

    Head-full-of-flowers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment lovely. Hope you love the dupe! xxx

      Delete
  6. It's such a great dupe but unfortunately anything pinky won't look right on me xx

    adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is lovely! I have followed you xx

    Say Hi to me at http://channichic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooooh i shall have to check it out

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. You can also email me - glitterandcarousels@yahoo.co.uk. Don't be shy!